Rad/Bio Brute HELP

madatlis

1) Musculature Alpha
2) Look at set bonuses, build for +recharge and +S/L defense. You can stick 4 kinetic combats in a ST power to get a good bit of that. Even in, say, brawl. 
3) Global recharge keeps your bio powers up and gets the cooldown on atom smasher down. 
4) T2 punch over T1 because of higher contaminate chance. 
5) this isn't a great set to proc out, but irradiated ground is probably your best bet for proccing. 

Your basic goal here is to get parasitic aura and ablative shell permanent. Always have absorb up and always have your regen/recovery bonuses up so you can spam your primary powers with impunity. Rad/ is a no redraw set, meaning you can throw any patron/epic powers into your rotation you want. Soul is really powerful and brutes are soon getting a buff to their ranged modifier so its equal to the melee buffing ranged damage, and there are a number of other powers that fit the bill for more solid AOE damage for a brute. /bio is clicky but it's powerful, especially up against groups. It is when solo tanking an AV that you'll start to have issues and you might want to tweak your build around that. But rad is a very solid ST and AOE primary especially with a little late game help and when you hit incarnates the natural choice for destiny is barrier, as you've got endurance and mez handled with /bio and simultaneously softcapping and hardcapping all your defense and resistances for 10-20 seconds is hilarious, you're literally unkillable, nothing in the game does enough damage to dent you through your constant regen. 

This is just me, but I have noticed other folks standing around with similar pool selections so maybe they did the same...

I went for the Energy Mastery pool, and took Focused Accuracy, Physical Perfection, and Superior Conditioning; that allowed me to get better ROI on generic +Recovery/+Regen IOs by sticking them in the default Health/Stamina slots instead of procs, then dropping those procs as I acquired them into the slots afforded me by Perfection/Conditioning.  

Better base recovery/regen allowed me to focus on frankenslotting for Dam/Rech in my attacks, until I could afford to properly slot them with ATOs.  The Pool powers gave me more ToHit and Recovery/Regen, and my powers did more damage more often thanks to frankenslotting, so it was like having set bonuses without having paid for them.

Oh, also recommend grabbing the Atlas Medallion; that can be done fairly quickly and the extra End goes a LONG way when set bonuses and procs start firing off.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

21 hours ago, TheSpiritFox said:

Soul is really powerful and brutes are soon getting a buff to their ranged modifier so its equal to the melee buffing ranged damage, and there are a number of other powers that fit the bill for more solid AOE damage for a brute.

Just to clarify, the change to the Brute ranged damage modifier - currently on the beta server - only affects three powers in the game currently: the attacks in the Sorcery and Force of Will pools. The epic and patron ranged attacks currently use the melee damage modifier instead of the ranged modifier, so there will not be a damage buff coming out of this for those, and any ranged attacks in the melee damage sets continue to use the melee damage modifier.

• 3 weeks later

Here is a cheapish build I used before really getting down and dirty....

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Rad-Bio Medium IO: Level 50 Technology Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(3), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(3), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(5), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Ags-ResDam(7), GldArm-3defTpProc(42)
Level 2: Contaminated Strike -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(9), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(9), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(33), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 6: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 8: Radiation Siphon -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(11), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 10: Environmental Modification -- Ksm-Def/EndRdx(A), Ksm-Def/Rchg(15), Ksm-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(17)
Level 12: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 14: Adaptation 
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-Rchg(40), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(40), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(40), DctWnd-Heal(42)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Erd-%Dam(19), ClvBlo-Dmg/EndRdx(23), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(25), ClvBlo-Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(21), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Ags-ResDam(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34)
Level 22: Fusion -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(25)
Level 26: Devastating Blow -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(27), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(27), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(31), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(33), TchoftheN-Heal(33)
Level 30: Inexhaustible -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(43), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg(46), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(37), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Obl-%Dam(39)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(43), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(48), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(50), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Ags-ResDam(45)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-Def/EndRdx(48), Ksm-Def/Rchg(48), Ksm-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 14: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 14: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 14: Offensive Adaptation 
------------