UPDATE! Electric Blast is no longer 'Bad-don't use it!'

Frostweaver

I have been experimenting at great length with electrical Blast and the new snipe changes.
I can confidentally assure people now, that with correct slotting (meaning slotting the experienced marksman-Range, fast snipe) and 22% or more accuracy, electric has graduated from "Bad, do not take" to 'very bottom of all blast sets", primarily due to the elevation of all snipe sets compared to sets that do not offer a sniper blast (water, sonic)

This is a significant boost to electric blast. It is still in last place, but SOMEONE has to be in last place, and Zapp with a >1 second animation and an average of 3 second recharge on an IO'd out build, was never a sub-par snipe. It literally elevates the entire set's ST chain to only slightly below average.

And on defenders and sentinels, who have always had a vastly better pacing for exploiting things like -end, electric Blast's snipe changes have fared even better, shifting it from rock bottom to squarely middle of the pack.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Frostweaver said:

...ignore the end drain as the crap it is

Or be sure to pair it with a secondary that complements the end drain so it is not crap (/elec, /en, /men).

I chose to leave it crappy back in the day with my Elec/Fire. I was thinking of going Elec/Atomic this time around, also leaving it as a crappy secondary effect. Sigh.

I wonder how well it would work with Mu Mastery, especially Electrifying Fences.

Hmm, I played the set back pre-IO on a Defender and was pretty underwhelmed by it; I guess I wasn't missing something great by never trying it on a Blaster (or leveling that Defender past the mid-20's)

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Just wanted to add, that I think it's a real shame, too.  Electricity looks cool and unique visually and conceptually it can be explained by technology, or magic, or science... or just about anything.... I think it would be very popular if it was stronger.

I think they should make some of the big attacks hit MUCH harder, but add a end cost that makes them difficult to use, or perhaps make them only available at 95% or greater end... then make other powers add end to your bar (they can keep draining foes, though that's not the important part).  Thus creating a "build up power from foes, then throw it back on them" type feel.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

9 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Hmm, I played the set back pre-IO on a Defender and was pretty underwhelmed by it; I guess I wasn't missing something great by never trying it on a Blaster (or leveling that Defender past the mid-20's)

Well, now's the time. Slot the PVP unique permanent fast snipe in Zapp, slot a Kismet +6% to-hit and to-hit bonuses into the leadership pool, and get reasonable ST damage from electric for the first time ever.