plant/ma

Xip

hey fellow domi's,

i'm deeply in love with this combo but im oh oh so confused about my build. i dont have mids planner (im playing on mac), so I was hoping to get some help/advice on how to become more beastly than i am! anyone out there with a build that grants perma-dom and wont cost me my soul?

Oh, and also, caltrops - yes/no? was thinking if they'd be any good if you proc'ed 'em out

thanks! :))

I am also interested in this. The theme is to great to pass up!!! a mutant plant that has learned Kung fu!!! Enter The Broko Lee!!!!

Also I have taken just 1 melee attack to keep with the theme. Throwing shrikes is just awesome.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:54 PM, Xip said:

hey fellow domi's,

i'm deeply in love with this combo but im oh oh so confused about my build. i dont have mids planner (im playing on mac), so I was hoping to get some help/advice on how to become more beastly than i am! anyone out there with a build that grants perma-dom and wont cost me my soul?

Oh, and also, caltrops - yes/no? was thinking if they'd be any good if you proc'ed 'em out

So you do know there are online builders right?

.Also I'm going to say it. I didn't have much fun with /ma for a dom. Lack of dam.  I had a really good concept for it and all but to each their own. Best of luck.

Edited by mbre2006

1 minute ago, mbre2006 said:

So you do know there are online builders right?

Really: where?  Link please?

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

On 10/26/2019 at 4:54 PM, Xip said:

hey fellow domi's,

Mids is available for Mac. See below.

I've got a Plant/Martial up to 36 or so. I previously played Plant to 50 on a controller and Martial Arts to 50 on a scrapper (both on live), but I don't have a final build yet and am just frankenslotting as I go. On Plant, Spore Burst (AoE sleep) and Spirit Tree (AoE +regen) are skippable. Seeds of Confusion and Carrion Creepers are your bread and butter and you want them up as much as possible. On Martial, it's possible to go entirely ranged, but I like having the melee attacks when mobs come to me, plus they add some AoE and crowd control. I've currently got Caltrops but I'm not sold on it and haven't decided if I'll keep it in the final build. Going Ice Mastery for the Epic, primarily to get Sleet and Ice Storm. Frozen Armor is also good, but be sure to pick minimal graphics.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

This was the way I was going to go. My Dom is now up to lvl 43. I was a little surprised when I saw the shield was a +def shield. that with sleet and ice storm!!! Drop a group immobilised then hide around the corner and drop both of those out of line o sight. Thats a good combo.

Here is my Plant/Martial build. It is soft capped to Smashing, Lethal, Energy, Fire, and Cold. This build is meant for trials. It sacrifices recharge and some damage for added durability.

2109194718_ScreenShot2019-11-04at5_38_42PM.thumb.png.9f8f773d10fe74dfd3c7a12ec462fea9.png

modest-plant-control-martial-assault.mxd

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Natural Dominator
Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Martial Assault
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Strangler    
 (A) Superior Dominating Grasp - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized
 (3) Superior Dominating Grasp - Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized/RechargeTime
 (3) Superior Dominating Grasp - Endurance/RechargeTime
 (5) Superior Dominating Grasp - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized/Endurance
 (5) Superior Dominating Grasp - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized/Endurance/RechargeTime
 (7) Superior Dominating Grasp - RechargeTime/Fiery Orb

Level 1:    Shuriken Throw    
 (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
 (7) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
 (13) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
 (15) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (15) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (17) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 2:    Thunder Kick    
 (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage
 (31) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance
 (31) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (33) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (33) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
 (33) Superior Blistering Cold - Recharge/Chance for Hold

Level 4:    Trick Shot    
 (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
 (34) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
 (34) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (34) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (37) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
 (40) Superior Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge

Level 6:    Combat Jumping    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
 (43) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
 (43) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 8:    Seeds of Confusion    
 (A) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused
 (9) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Recharge
 (9) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Confused/Recharge
 (11) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Recharge
 (11) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Endurance
 (13) Coercive Persuasion  - Contagious Confusion

Level 10:    Super Jump    
 (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 12:    Roots    
 (A) Superior Ascendency of the Dominator - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized
 (43) Superior Ascendency of the Dominator - Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Recharge
 (45) Superior Ascendency of the Dominator - Endurance/Recharge
 (45) Superior Ascendency of the Dominator - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Endurance
 (45) Superior Ascendency of the Dominator - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Endurance/Recharge
 (46) Superior Ascendency of the Dominator - Recharge/Chance for +Damage

Level 14:    Hasten    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO
 (29) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 16:    Envenomed Blades    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
 (17) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 18:    Vines    
 (A) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold
 (19) Superior Entomb - Hold/Recharge
 (19) Superior Entomb - Endurance/Recharge
 (25) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
 (27) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance/Recharge
 (27) Superior Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb

Level 20:    Dragon's Tail    
 (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
 (21) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance
 (21) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (23) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (23) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (25) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown

Level 22:    Kick    
 (A) Empty

Level 24:    Tough    
 (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
 (46) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 26:    Carrion Creepers    
 (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
 (42) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
 (46) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (48) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (48) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
 (48) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize

Level 28:    Weave    
 (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
 (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 30:    Maneuvers    
 (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 32:    Super Speed    
 (A) Celerity - +Stealth

Level 35:    Masterful Throw    
 (A) Extreme Measures - Accuracy/Damage
 (36) Extreme Measures - Damage/Endurance
 (36) Extreme Measures - Accuracy/Interrupt/Range
 (36) Extreme Measures - Damage/Interrupt/Recharge
 (37) Extreme Measures - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (37) Extreme Measures - Accuracy/Range/Recharge

Level 38:    Explosive Shuriken    
 (A) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
 (39) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (39) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
 (39) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
 (40) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
 (40) Decimation - Chance of Build Up

Level 41:    Scorpion Shield    
 (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
 (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 44:    Poisonous Ray    
 (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 47:    Personal Force Field    
 (A) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 49:    Assault    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 1:    Brawl    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Domination    
Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Empty

Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Empty

Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 2:    Swift    
 (A) HamiO:Microfilament Exposure

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Miracle - +Recovery
 (29) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod
 (31) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

Level 50:    Musculature Radial Paragon    
Level 50:    Pyronic Core Final Judgement    
Level 50:    Degenerative Core Flawless Interface    
Level 50:    Ageless Core Epiphany    
Level 50:    Assault Core Embodiment    
Level 50:    Longbow Radial Superior Ally    
------------

• Like 1

This is an interesting build i like how high the defense is. For your goal of incatnate trials this works great with large trial you will get +recharge from a bunch of /kins or /time or whatever so recharge isn’t as big a problem. Quick question, is spirit tree worth it? It seems that on an incarnate trial vengeance may be a better team buff and you can slot a LoG in it. Then use the extra slots for other powers. Not a criticism because i really want to know how useful spirit tree is.

@Pharce I do not take spirit tree. The 150% regeneration bonus from the tree is barely noticeable in a group. The only situation where I might take it is if I planned to solo AVs with a dominator.

PS: I'm currently trying out Mind/MA as an alternative to Plant/MA. Both pairings seem very strong.

Edited by modest

I still do not see the point in attempting to cap resist/defense when you have the ability to stop your enemies in their places. Seriously, you don't have enough burst damage to go toe to toe with the higher level bosses. They will eat you alive. What you should be focusing on is frankenslotting the Dom ATOs and increasing your recharge and health.

20 hours ago, mbre2006 said:

I still do not see the point in attempting to cap resist/defense when you have the ability to stop your enemies in their places. Seriously, you don't have enough burst damage to go toe to toe with the higher level bosses. They will eat you alive. What you should be focusing on is frankenslotting the Dom ATOs and increasing your recharge and health.

You absolutely have enough damage to kill higher level bosses. You can even kill arch-villains and GMs with practice. Players have been soloing AVs and GMs with Mind Control/Psionic Assault and Mind Control/Fire Assault dominators since back on live. I expect that /Martial Assault deals enough damage to do it as well.

Capping defenses gives you a minimum amount of durability. The rest of your survival is accomplished by keeping Domination permanent, and weaving either Dominate or Confuse into your attack chain so that you keep the Boss/Elite Boss/AV permanently held or confused. It's my experience that this is easier to do with Confuse.

On 11/10/2019 at 7:32 PM, modest said:

This topic is about plant/MA. I posted a build for that specific combination.

But a build that on a team might be a very solid build but I don't think I have heard of a planet dom soloing GMs or AVs. Yes mind did do some of this back in the day because confuse was a power status type that in many cases was over looked for giving a AV protection to it. This gave a advantage to a couple control sets like Illusion and Mind because they had a single target confuse power that recharges about as quickly as a single target hold. And a confused AV with nothing to attack is going to act held and do nothing. 

But Planets only confuse is an AOE with a longer recharge, and being no perma hasten which would mean o perma domination I am not 100 percent sure you can perma lockdown an AV with confuse from a planet control set for as long as you would need to to kill an AV with only 1 toon's damage capabilities. Granted I have not tested it, but it just kind of doesn't feel possible to me. But then with incarnates now who knows. 

• Like 1

@QuiJon Plant Control/Psionic Assault is one of the old school Dominator builds that could tackle AVs. The trick was to use Entangle and Roots to immobilize the AV at range. It required that a player move closer to use Drain Psyche once every 30 seconds, then immediately jump back.

I suspect that Plant Control/Martial Assault can accomplish this as well because of Martial's high damage. The single target damage that a MA Dominator with Envenomed Blades puts out is very good, and it should easily overtake an AV's regeneration.

21 hours ago, modest said:

@QuiJon Plant Control/Psionic Assault is one of the old school Dominator builds that could tackle AVs. The trick was to use Entangle and Roots to immobilize the AV at range. It required that a player move closer to use Drain Psyche once every 30 seconds, then immediately jump back.

I suspect that Plant Control/Martial Assault can accomplish this as well because of Martial's high damage. The single target damage that a MA Dominator with Envenomed Blades puts out is very good, and it should easily overtake an AV's regeneration.

My curiosity comes to what "back in the day" means. Because at one point "back in the day" AVs were not almost totally immune to control effects 2/3s of the time like they are now. And immbl an AV would not negate his ability to attack you at range. Also you mentioned Psi which has -regen and recharge and stun (or atleast at one time had all that) And I know monsters are not AVs but I do know I have taken a energy blaster to a GM and though I have enough defense he cant touch me, I hit him with a constant change of attacks for 20 minutes and never saw a significant move in his HPs that was not regened if I stopped even just long enough to click build up or aim. 

So like I said if I thought that I could maintain a perma confuse with plant since that is something that at least used to kind of be a hole in the Purple Triangle of Doom, then I would say perhaps I could solo an AV, but I don't see that happening without perma dom to begin with. I mean seriously I would love it to be proven wrong and I would love to see the builds of people that have solo'd AVs with their dominators. But I see a lot of questions about it on the boards, but no real stories or builds.