Guide to enhancements and pets?

Tankshock

Some basic quick advice:

-Procs go off depending on which attack your pet is using (you can view these by right clicking your pet power or upgrades to see which powers they use and what effects they have (this will determine what procs they can use in that attack)). For example I slot my thugs enforcer pets with shield breaker: chance for lethal dmg and touch of lady grey: chance for neg dmg because many of their attacks have a -def component to it.

-I'm actually not entirely sure if bonus damage/acc effects pets, I know recharge does not do anything to them

-Musculature 45% dmg and intuition +dmg +range are my favorite alpha incarnates to use. Rebirth/barrier are good as well. Hybrid assault is a game changer too, just make sure you turn it on before the pets are summoned for them to get the effect. Degen is my favorite interface to use as well.

-Soulbound Allegiance chance for BU is so good it's mandatory in my opinion, make sure to include that in your builds

Hopefully someone can elaborate more on how exactly IO bonuses work on pets because I'm not even sure myself!

• Like 1

• 1 month later

@M3z

Soulbound Allegiance, does it ONLY affect the specific pet its slotted (e.g. bruiser only), or does it have an aoe type effect, where all pets get the benefit?

also, how often does it proc?

I believe a prior posting showed accuracy did nothing, but slotting damage worked (recharge and endurance seem to affect the caster summons, not the pets themselves).

I'd like clarification if that is a wrong assumption.

5 hours ago, tellania said:

Soulbound Allegiance, does it ONLY affect the specific pet its slotted (e.g. bruiser only), or does it have an aoe type effect, where all pets get the benefit?

The Build Up will only proc for pets of the tier that the enhancement is slotted into, and each pet of that tier tracks their procs independently of each other.  So if you put it into your tier 1 pets, you can have 1 of those tier 1 pets proc the Build Up for themselves while the other 2 tier 1 pets remain unaffected by the buff (until they proc it for themselves too).

how often does it proc?

Depends on the pet(s) and the attacks that they use.  It is not a one size fits all "flat" performance anymore because the proc rate is normalized to 3 PPM ... so ... roughly every 20 seconds or so?

recharge and endurance seem to affect the caster summons, not the pets themselves

Pets are completely unaffected by recharge (buffing or debuffing), so any recharge slotting only affects how fast the summoning power itself will recharge.

Endurance reduction affects pets and caster, and if your pets run out of endurance then you haven't slotted enough endurance reduction into them (bad player!).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.