"No Redraw" - Katana.

Doc_Scorpion

I never realized there was a "no redraw" option for Katana...  and then I realized that I didn't really know what "no redraw" really means.  So...  What does it mean?  Is it useful or harmful for the Katana primary?

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

If you are empty-handed and you use an attack, normally you'll pull out the katana and then attack.  With no-redraw, instead the Katana will appear in your and and attack immediately, skipping the part where you would normally pull it out.

Should be noted that the no redraw option, seems to be more-so on katana than claws, often causes the next attack after where a redraw should occur to not animate at all. You just stand there while watching the effects of the attack happen. Some folks don't like this. I can't stand redraw, so I live with it.

• Like 1

Other than occasionally causing some wonkiness with the animations system, the No-Redraw option has no functional effect on the powers. It's extremely handy when mixing a weapon set with a click-heavy secondary. I actually set it for aesthetic reasons when I made a character with a weapon made of magic that she summoned to her hand.