Base decorations idea

I was thinking it would be cool if, (cant take full credit, was having a conversation on the homecoming discord and we stumbled on this idea) after finishing a tf, or a large story arc, or a certain badge, a rewarded placeable base item would be really cool :D!

Like, after you finish the posi tf you get a positron plushy (Yes! Plushy version of every npc!) that you can place on a shelf in the base, or after finding out about Manticore (no spoilers) you get a broken arrow or something of the sort :).

Yes i know badges exist already. But displable base trophies would be cool!

Edited by Hero_of_Light
  • Thanks 1

With the way the last thread went, I never really felt like I had the chance to build off of what could have been the positives . . . so:  Fresh start, fresh face.

I think Base Souvenirs is a good idea, provided that we just reuse the existing assets (less work the GMs, no one is left out for creativity purposes), and make the Souvenirs Unlockable with the special element being that they're Clickable, like Plaques.

Imagine, if you will:
Anyone could place Infernal's Axe asset in their base, just like it is right now.
But if you complete the story arc "Into Valhalla," then you get a single copy of the special version of that Axe to place in your base, which anyone can then click on to read the Souvenir text.  Ideally (though potentially not possibly) with the player character's name in place of "you" (and grammar adjusted accordingly).

20 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

With the way the last thread went, I never really felt like I had the chance to build off of what could have been the positives . . . so:  Fresh start, fresh face.

I think Base Souvenirs is a good idea, provided that we just reuse the existing assets (less work the GMs, no one is left out for creativity purposes), and make the Souvenirs Unlockable with the special element being that they're Clickable, like Plaques.

Imagine, if you will:
Anyone could place Infernal's Axe asset in their base, just like it is right now.
But if you complete the story arc "Into Valhalla," then you get a single copy of the special version of that Axe to place in your base, which anyone can then click on to read the Souvenir text.  Ideally (though potentially not possibly) with the player character's name in place of "you" (and grammar adjusted accordingly).

Both really good ideas! Imagine if, since they are really supergroup bases, it could be based off the players in the SG.

Picture a pathway lined with trophies, but each one is a trophies that a member picked from their own. So as you go down the path and click them, you can see each person personal favorite trophies on display and know who placed it : D

Edited by Hero_of_Light

21 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

I really hope that when they allow volunteers in, that it will help lessen the load and requests like these will not only be possible, but volunteers can help do most of the work. 

They've already begun bringing volunteers in; there are two new story arcs done by holymittens, for example.  I imagine other people have contributed in other ways as well, but writing two (rather good, frankly) story arcs tends to garner some attention.
The question becomes:  Will they be less picky about volunteers in the future?

32 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

They've already begun bringing volunteers in; there are two new story arcs done by holymittens, for example.  I imagine other people have contributed in other ways as well, but writing two (rather good, frankly) story arcs tends to garner some attention.
The question becomes:  Will they be less picky about volunteers in the future?

Oh hmm, I know they said on the dev corner volunteer application that they weren't really taking people in yet.

Maybe they aren't taking volunteers in mass?

Either way, more good volunteers the better 🙂

9 hours ago, quixoteprog said:

On numerous missions and story arcs you get "souvenirs" added to your mission window. It would be cool if all/most/some of these were created as actual items you could include in some sort of "trophy case".

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Souvenirs_(City_of_Heroes)

Just what I was going to say.

Plus didn't they have display cases with various items in as well at one point? (They may still do my base is a factory, it has teleports and crafting stuff plus NPCs for common tasks... but it still looks like an empty factory.)