Lies from contacts. (Spoilers )

Securityuniform

So recently I was wondering which contacts/ story arcs lie to you. 

I was doing Dream Doctor and his Defeat Mot mission. He tells you that this is it, gather all your friends for the final showdown. Then when you get in it's not really all that. It's the end of a story arc, but he has another one that follows straight on from it. The other one is Maria Jenkins and the Save Positron arc. It tells you this it it, time to save Positron, then it's all lies. I enjoy the bait and switch, and the first time I did those missions it was a kicker to find I'd been had, but I was wondering how many other story arcs had the same sneaky idea of building you up to a big confrontation then tricking you at the end.

I feel like there are a lot of missions where you are to "track down so and so" just to clear the map to find out that they escaped and now you have to do 2 more door mishes before you ever actually confront that eb or av.

YMMV.

• Like 1

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

4 hours ago, tidge said:

The Kelly(?) Uqua arc Redside is a deceptive arc with some very disturbing implications.

I remember hitting that one with my first villain on live, voluntarily failing the final mission and then re-rolling that toon as one whe’d fled the Isles with the opponent of that arc and started over as a hero (these days I’d have just alignment flipped, back in the day it took a reroll).