DA viable vs AVs?

sushiloving123

Looking for a stalker who is capable of soloing AVs of various damage types and gernerally being unkillable. Is DA up to this task? I am thinking that Dark Regeneration is ideal for keeping yourself in top shape. Anyone have any personal experience with DA or have any other suggestions for super strong solo armor sets for AV fighting?

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Street Justice
Secondary Power Set: Dark Armor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Initial Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(46)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), Rct-ResDam%(40)
Level 2: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(19), StdPrt-ResKB(25)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(15), GldArm-3defTpProc(27)
Level 6: Assassin's Strike -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(11)
Level 8: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11), GssSynFr--Build%(13)
Level 10: Shadow Dweller -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 16: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 18: Spinning Strike -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(37), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Rgn-Dmg(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 20: Dark Regeneration -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(31), Heal-I(31)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(36)
Level 26: Shin Breaker -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Rchg(50), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Hct-Dam%(50)
Level 28: Air Superiority -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(46), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(46), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), TchofDth-Dam%(48)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32: Crushing Uppercut -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(34)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- Acc-I(A)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(40), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(42)
Level 41: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 44: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Soul Transfer -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(5), Prv-Absorb%(43), Pnc-Heal/+End(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3), PrfShf-End%(3)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 38: Quick Form 
------------

That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

I was debating between StJ/Dark and StJ/Bio for my latest stalker.   I really liked the /dark build I had... It was soft-capped to all on defense and 50%ish resists across the spectrum.  But I didn't see a good way to meet the endurance requirements of all the toggles and a sustained StJ attack chain, so I went with /Bio. 

The /Dark build I had was much more survivable then the /Bio build I ended up making.  And the /Bio has no problem with +2 AVs.   

Maybe Claws can do /Dark due to the light endurance usage... I might try that next. 

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

dark regen generally isnt the best tool vs a single target in that it has high costs and rolls a tohit. But a well built /dark wouldnt need it much so as long as you are proactive im sure it could work

Maybe savage/dark? blood stacks for end discount amd +rech. hidden hemmorage is quite something vs meaty targets

17 hours ago, sushiloving123 said:

Looking for a stalker who is capable of soloing AVs of various damage types and gernerally being unkillable.

I have tanked +4 AVs on my fortunata, and taken +2s down solo... a stalker could do that standing on their head with a few IOs and sometimes some envenomed daggers (which, admittedly, are so good they're almost cheating).

The only ones that gave me pause were Praetor Sinclair at +4 (it just took me much too long and I got bored) and one of the RWZ ones when I forgot to heal. Nemesis took a while because he bubbled up every time I got his health to about 3% so I had to do the last chunk of his health bar about ten times before he finally went down. 

From my own experience of different ATs, a good defence set with adequate resists fares much better than the other way round for AVs. I've literally gone to answer the door while fighting a +4 AV while at the defence cap and then came back to carry on the fight. Yes, they might get in that "one good hit" that wipes out half your health, but if they don't get another good hit in for the next seven attempts, you're not going to hit the floor. If you do pick DA, definitely pick up as much defence as you can fit in. When you're in a long battle, scratch damage can really build up and the less of it you take the better.

If you can get your positionals and psi up nice and high on DA, you should be able to tackle pretty much any AV there is. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

28 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

I personally favor the layered sets these days. but most anything can achieve some lofty accomplishments with enough time and investment. 

Definitely. I really like Shield because it layers up nicely out of the box. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas