keep getting login errors

parzivcl

I just had an incorrect password error 3 times in a row so I immediately went here and changed it with my forum session still being logged in.  I was able to log back in with the new password, but this is very unusual as I rarely flub passwords.

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

18 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Are you sure your usimg the game account and not the forum account...also make sure caps lock isnt killing you...that's usually my problem.

The username/password is the exact same on the forums as it is the game. So it really doesn't make any sense.

13 hours ago, Veracor said:

I just had an incorrect password error 3 times in a row so I immediately went here and changed it with my forum session still being logged in.  I was able to log back in with the new password, but this is very unusual as I rarely flub passwords.

I am trying to get a friend into the game who has never played. His brand new account won't even log in. I made a second new account to test for him, and it still won't log in. I really have no clue why it won't work.

1. Log into the forums.

2. Change the Game Account password.  Doesn't matter what the old one was before, the forum account always has the right to override it.

3. Use the new Game Account Password.

If you knew this already, my apologies.  If you didn't, there you go.  The forum account password and game account password ARE NOT synced.

Inactive account.

21 hours ago, parzivcl said:

The username/password is the exact same on the forums as it is the game. So it really doesn't make any sense.

I am trying to get a friend into the game who has never played. His brand new account won't even log in. I made a second new account to test for him, and it still won't log in. I really have no clue why it won't work.

Did you make sure to activate the game account on the forum as per protocol in your friend's new account? It can be the littlest things sometimes.

Edited by Dugunthi

Try this after you're sure you've sorted out the game vs forum login and activation:

1. Take the attached file and place it in your C:\games\coh\tequila folder
  2. Open it up in Notepad and change the values accordingly
  3. This will be case sensitive and make sure to only do it on a device setup for one player as it will auto-fill the sign-in screen

resume_info.txt

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)