Sky Splitter buff broken and now power aoe too!

WindDemon21

Sky Splitter doesn't have AoE damage to begin with.  It's a heavy single target damage with bonus damage if you have 3 stacks of body/mind/soul.  It's not like Katana where there's a very narrow arc that can hit extra targets if they're single-file.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

You need to play it then, cause it does. It has a 5 target splash damage in a small radius around the enemy you hit with it. It may have been bugged on the mission I was on, or some other factor, or they had a new patch fixing that part of it cause it seems to be working for the splash damage now. The bonus buff however is still broken and needs fixed asap.

51 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

You need to play it then, cause it does. It has a 5 target splash damage in a small radius around the enemy you hit with it. It may have been bugged on the mission I was on, or some other factor, or they had a new patch fixing that part of it cause it seems to be working for the splash damage now. The bonus buff however is still broken and needs fixed asap.

I do play it, I have a Staff/Elec Scrapper at 50.  Sky Splitter has no AoE effect.  Paragon Wiki also backs me up on that.

The bonuses are broken, yes, but the power does not have an AoE effect.

EDIT: I took a look at the power in the character creation screen, and it turns out I might be half wrong.  The Scrapper, Stalker, and Brute version of the power are single target, the Tanker version reports a 5-target AoE, so perhaps you've got me on that one.  If there is an issue with the power not hitting AoE, it's a Tanker issue and not a problem with the other three ATs that can use it, which is not something I can vouch for.  It's also possible that AoE could be referring to Tanker's taunt effect, which is on every power and Staff is reporting a 5-target AoE on EVERY power (10 for EotS) in Character Creation, as are pretty much every other set.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
Did research.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Yes this was on a tanker. On a side note that's absurd if the other ATs dont have that. Stupid crap like that is why I hated the devs that I would hope the new devs would put more effort to correcting these type of mess ups from the old devs.

Edited by WindDemon21

Sky Splitter doesn't need AoE damage, Staff already has stupid AoE damage to begin with, only really being outdone by Titan Weapon.  SS is fine as a heavy ST attack, given the power's secondary effects (even if bugged) and the fact that it's also a knockdown and stun.  AoE damage on it would be overkill, especially when factoring in Scrapper/Stalker criticals.

After checking other powersets, I really do think the AoE is in reference to Tanker inherent taunts.  Every normal attack had a 5-target radius, even weak attacks like Mercurial Blow, Jab, Swipe, Chop, etc.

If Sky Splitter ever had AoE damage on a Tanker, it was a bug. The attack has always been meant to be ST. The 9 ft radius and 5 target limit on Sky Splitter for Tankers is only meant for the effect of Gauntlet. Nearly all Tanker attacks are secretly AoEs in order to facilitate the passive AoE taunt of Gauntlet, but the other effects of their attacks (except those attacks explicitly meant to be AoE) are limited by a flag that prevents the effect from extending beyond the initial target.

It looks like there might have been a bug where the bonus damage from having 3 levels of Perfection when activated were missing their "single-target only" limiters, and now it's fixed. I can't speak for the issue of the self buffs being bugged.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

I don't believe it is an AoE. At least it doesn't behave like a regular AoE. If I remember correctly the power Hit's one Target then has a chance to Hit up to five additional targets with in a given radius of the primary target. I believe it's a "% Chance" It does not always hit the additional critters above the primary target. 

Never mind I was thinking of another Power that was changed relatively recently.

Edited by Arc-Mage

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.