Partner Badge

Ukase

33 minutes ago, Ukase said:

With some of these weeks featuring multiple TFs as weekly's - do you have to repeat the same one to get credit, or does doing different ones also give you credit? 

You have to repeat the same one to get credit.  Running multiple TFs once doesn't count.  Basically, you're getting the badge for doing the same TF twice in the same week.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

5 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

You have to repeat the same one to get credit.  Running multiple TFs once doesn't count.  Basically, you're getting the badge for doing the same TF twice in the same week.

Actually - this is apparently not the case. 
I did Sutter this morning, got my notice of the well, double merits. 
I did Manticore this afternoon and got credit for one more tf towards the partner badge. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ukase said:

Actually - this is apparently not the case. 
I did Sutter this morning, got my notice of the well, double merits. 
I did Manticore this afternoon and got credit for one more tf towards the partner badge. 

That's odd, because I noticed it awhile ago when running multiple weeklies on both blue and red side.  Perhaps that changed recently? Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong?  If so, I humbly apologize.

@Rathstar

You should be able to gain badge progress after your initial weekly the run. Every week once I've gottem double merit and the notice, I run the Tfs the next day and get standard merit and badge progress. I also tested sometime back when it was the Respec trials.

Ran the blue for double merits, flipped to red and ran that respec and only got standard plus badge progress

On 11/25/2019 at 12:50 PM, Rathulfr said:

It has never been that way, Live or HC. Running ANY of the WST for a given week on a given toon nets the bonus rewards. Additional WST runs, of ANY of the options for that week on the same toon will net badge progress.

So, if you're a Rogue/Vigilante, and looking to min/max, run the highest Merit one first in a week, then run the quickest one the rest of the week to earn helper progress. Also, the badge progress carries over from week to week, so you don't need to run 51 TF/SF's in one week to get all the badges.

Death is the best debuff.

4 hours ago, Eran Rist said:

It has never been that way, Live or HC. Running ANY of the WST for a given week on a given toon nets the bonus rewards. Additional WST runs, of ANY of the options for that week on the same toon will net badge progress.

So, if you're a Rogue/Vigilante, and looking to min/max, run the highest Merit one first in a week, then run the quickest one the rest of the week to earn helper progress. Also, the badge progress carries over from week to week, so you don't need to run 51 TF/SF's in one week to get all the badges.

I stand corrected.

@Rathstar

6 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

I stand corrected.

No worries, it isn't the clearest, and IIRC, WST's came before side-switching, so there wasn't a lot of clarity on how it all worked on Live.

Edited by Eran Rist
I remembered poorly.

3 hours ago, Eran Rist said:

No worries, it isn't the clearest, and IIRC, WST's came before side-switching, so there wasn't a lot of clarity on how it all worked on Live.

It came after, as I remember.  WSTs came out the same time the Alpha incarnate slot did. It was put in as the main method of getting components to make rare/very rare alpha slots, as this was before the incarnate trials were implemented. 

The incarnate stuff all came after Going Rogue, when side switching was implemented.

2 minutes ago, Piyerus said:

It came after, as I remember.  WSTs came out the same time the Alpha incarnate slot did. It was put in as the main method of getting components to make rare/very rare alpha slots, as this was before the incarnate trials were implemented. 

The incarnate stuff all came after Going Rogue, when side switching was implemented.

Feck, now I need to go read up, coulda swore iContent came first. C'est la vie. 7 years is a while.

Edit: Yup, Piyerus remembered better than I did. I18 was Going Rogue, I19.5 introduced Tier 3/4 Alpha and the WST system.

Edited by Eran Rist