Save my /Energy Blaster from click-hell with bind

My /Energy Blaster has loads of click-powers with short duration and I was thinking of using a bind to restore sanity. I know I read somewhere about binding Power Boost and Boost Range to the movement keys ( I use arrow keys) so you will execute the power AND move as normal, but for the life of me I can't seem to find that page again. Save the life of my Blaster pretty please!

1) I'd recommend using text file binds instead:  Create two text files, say "bindT1.txt and "bindT2.txt" in folder, say "C:\CoHBinds". 

bindT1.txt contains:

Spoiler

T "powexec_name [NameOfPower1]$$bind_load_file C:\CoHBinds\bindT2.txt"

bindT2.txt contains:

Spoiler

T powexec_name [NameOfPower2]$$bind_load_file C:\CoHBinds\bindT1.txt"

Load up CoH and in the chat text box type: /bind_load_file C:\CoHBinds\bindT1.txt

The next time you press T, it should execute Power1, and the second time it will execute Power2.  It should toggle between the two powers if they are off cooldown. Note you can't do a shortcut and combine the two powers without a text file. (Or you might, but it's not consistent with toggle powers, so I tend to use text files instead)

2) The bind for your original request will execute *anytime* the clicky buffs are ready, so I tend not to use them.  But if that's the way you want to go it should look like this (I don't remember why the "null" exists. I think it has to do with turning a toggle power off, in which case you can probably delete it):

/bind S "+backward$$powexec_name null$$powexec_name [Power1Name]"  (forward, backward, left, right are the movement keywords)

3) If you have click-to-target powers (don't know, I don't play Energy much), you can consider the i25, Homecoming specific command -- "powexec_location":

/bind T "powexec_location loc [Power1Name]

loc options: me, target, or direction:distance. Direction is 0-360 representing degrees of a circle, distance is 0-max in CoH world units (feet).  For example,  /bind T "powexec_location target Phantom Army" will drop Phantom army on your target if they are within range.  That saves you the click of positioning your power.

In my guide linked on my sig is a section on basic keybinds and macros which you also might find helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I already managed to do the binds the way I requested, removed the recharging sound, but still got spammed with "recharging..." text notifications, so it was not ideal. Will give yours a try and possibly add a third string to it for yet another short duration clicky. Your kind input is much appreciated, thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 8:31 AM, Lost Ninja said:

If you want to remove the "Recharging" Spam, instead of using powexec_name, use powexec_auto. You might need to add one for Hasten (or any other powers you already use Auto (Ctrl+Click) on though.

Isn't powexec_auto usable for only one power, though?  So how would you make the keybinds OP is asking for?

2 hours ago, LaconicLemur said:

Isn't powexec_auto usable for only one power, though?  So how would you make the keybinds OP is asking for?

You use one with auto and one with name, it fires off one immediately and puts the other on auto so it fires off as soon as it can.

17 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

You use one with auto and one with name, it fires off one immediately and puts the other on auto so it fires off as soon as it can.

Ok. You're saying put both powers on the same keybind with one power using the powexec_auto command. But you won't be able to use powexec_auto on any other power, such as Hasten.  

5 hours ago, LaconicLemur said:

Ok. You're saying put both powers on the same keybind with one power using the powexec_auto command. But you won't be able to use powexec_auto on any other power, such as Hasten.  

Well you could always put Hasten and any other powers you want onto other frequently used keys like movement or other click powers.

You can only use it on one power to auto it, but you only need hasten to fire every two minutes, if perma less often if on a longer recharge. So firing off other powers with auto isn't a bad idea. Personally unless I do have perma hasten without external (including incarnate) buffs I keep it as a click allowing me the option of autoing a power I use more often that I do want to fire off as soon as its up (Fiery Embrace & Build Up I do this with build up on auto and fiery embrace as a click I then unauto build up with the powers I use most often after using it so it's not wasted on filler attacks).