Energy Absorption

KC4800

Running a lvl 37 Street Justice/Ice Armor stalker, not a popular combination. I think I know why...

EA (Energy Absorption) seems much weaker for a Stalker than it was for a tank. I played an Ice/Fire tanker on live and EA was freaking awesome. On a stalker, not only do you have to wait until lvl 35 to take it, it just doesnt have the same power to save you that it did on my tank. Disappointed 😞  I have it 4 slotted with 3 End Mod and one Def, I may change it to 2 rech, 1 end mod and 1 def and see if that helps.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

If you are having problems with End management, I would suggest looking into Miracle, Numina's, and Panacea from the Healing IO sets, each of those have a proc IO that you can slot into your Health auto power and they will fire off automatically all the time giving you a hp+end boost. Also look into Performance Shifter for another End proc that you can slot into your Stamina auto power.

3 of these 4 are very affordable, the only somewhat expensive one is Panacea.
Once you have these into your Health and Stamina powers it should mitigate 90% of your endurance problems so you can focus your Energy Absorption power with +rech and +Def

Also, yeah Stalkers are no where as durable as Tankers and many of the skill have been modified from their Tanker/Brute/Scrapper counterparts

The optimal slotting for Health and Stamina are:
3 slots into Health (Miracle, Numina's and Panacea) Some powerset combinations will use 2 slots here because they will have one of these 3 slotted into another auto power from their main sets (Bio Armor and Willpower for example have a second "stamina" power in their sets)
2 slots into Stamina (Performance Shifter proc + Performance Shifter End Mod for the 2 piece bonus)

Edited by Seigmoraig

1 hour ago, Seigmoraig said:

2 slots into Stamina (Performance Shifter proc + Performance Shifter End Mod for the 2 piece bonus)

Personally, I like putting 3 slots into Stamina.

50+5 Common End Mod IO

27 Performance Shifter End Mod Set IO

21 Performance Shifter +End proc Set IO

= 85.03% (Pre-ED 86.70%) enhancement to endurance modification

The difference in throughput to endurance recovery between Levels 27 and 50+5 on the Performance Shifter End Mod is all of 0.05 endurance/second ... which amounts to (a loss of) all of +3 endurance per minute ... which I figure is an acceptable loss for being able to get the Performance Shifter +7.5% movement speeds 2 slot bonus all the way down to Level 24 when Exemplared (assuming you aren't using Attuned Enhancements).  So not only do I get a (very close to max) enhancement value on endurance modification just as a baseline, but also the Performance Shifter adding +10% of Max Endurance every time it procs (not +10 Endurance, +10% of Max Endurance, so with 110 Max Endurance from Accolades the Performance Shifter proc adds +11 Endurance per proc).

After that it's just a matter of adding a good mix of +Max Endurance and +Recovery set bonuses on top of any endurance reduction slotted into powers (or added to from global set bonuses, since there are a few of those too).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

6 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Personally, I like putting 3 slots into Stamina.

50+5 Common End Mod IO

27 Performance Shifter End Mod Set IO

21 Performance Shifter +End proc Set IO

= 85.03% (Pre-ED 86.70%) enhancement to endurance modification

The difference in throughput to endurance recovery between Levels 27 and 50+5 on the Performance Shifter End Mod is all of 0.05 endurance/second ... which amounts to (a loss of) all of +3 endurance per minute ... which I figure is an acceptable loss for being able to get the Performance Shifter +7.5% movement speeds 2 slot bonus all the way down to Level 24 when Exemplared (assuming you aren't using Attuned Enhancements).  So not only do I get a (very close to max) enhancement value on endurance modification just as a baseline, but also the Performance Shifter adding +10% of Max Endurance every time it procs (not +10 Endurance, +10% of Max Endurance, so with 110 Max Endurance from Accolades the Performance Shifter proc adds +11 Endurance per proc).

After that it's just a matter of adding a good mix of +Max Endurance and +Recovery set bonuses on top of any endurance reduction slotted into powers (or added to from global set bonuses, since there are a few of those too).

Ok, kind of off topic, but why not just attune the performance shift IOs?  Sure you lose a smidge of enhancement between 21-27 on the End mod one, but you gain a smidge between 28 and 50.  Seems like an obvious benefit to just attune and call it a day.  

1 minute ago, Omega-202 said:

Ok, kind of off topic, but why not just attune the performance shift IOs?  Sure you lose a smidge of enhancement between 21-27 on the End mod one, but you gain a smidge between 28 and 50.  Seems like an obvious benefit to just attune and call it a day.  

Worst case scenario ... don't have the resources (INF, Merits, etc.) to buy an attunement after the fact, or didn't have the resources (INF, etc.) to buy the enhancement as already attuned in the first place off the AH.  You can of course attune later, when you've got nothing better to do with a build, but if you're building on a budget the unattuned cheap up front option is easier to deal with and easier to explain.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.