Question for */SR players

Mansome

I wanted to give this set a try again but had a few questions what is the deal with the Practice Brawler vs Master Brawler? Are they both clicks? Based on the description it looks like one gives mez protection but the other gives an absorb? It does not look like a good trade off. Is the description of the power kind of off or missing something?

PB is the same as always, click duration status/mez protection.

MB moves the status/mez protection onto the first two toggles (fighting and sense).  As long as they are toggled on you get the status protections.

Then, MB itself is a click power that gives you a chunk of Absorb (temporary HP).  The amount of Absorb given increases as your HP is lower.

At level 50 and full HP, MB gives 231.3 temp HP before enhancement.  If your HP are lower, it gives more.  Fully enhanced, that 231 will become about 450.

Fully slotted and with the kind of global recharge a full IO build has, you can click it about every 20 seconds or so.  At the minimum, that means you can click it before every Alpha strike you take.  Having a free 450HP to soak alphas is glorious.

I don't see any reason to ever take PB over MB, frankly.  MB is just too good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

Yeah, it's funny, the sentinel version of SR is the best one in the game. It's like that for a lot of the sentinel secondaries. 

Agreed, but I'm finding Bio armor for sentinels a bit of a mixed bag compared to other ATs.   The cone on Parasitic Leech is nice but the lack of a damage aura hurts it. 

14 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Fully slotted and with the kind of global recharge a full IO build has, you can click it about every 20 seconds or so.  At the minimum, that means you can click it before every Alpha strike you take.  Having a free 450HP to soak alphas is glorious.

Doesn't it require you to be under 50% life before you can click it?  Or am I thinking of something else?  I think I remember being frustrated that I could NOT pre-buff before taking an alpha.

3 hours ago, Sailboat said:

Doesn't it require you to be under 50% life before you can click it?  Or am I thinking of something else?  I think I remember being frustrated that I could NOT pre-buff before taking an alpha.

The absorb increases proportionally to your endurance and inversely proportionally to your hit points. So you get, say, a ~200 absorb at 100% life and 10% end, while you'd get a ~800 absorb at 10% life and 100% end. But overall, I'd say it's always worth using before an alpha given that it'll be back within ~20 seconds.