The Future

Ridgidagain

TBH, I'd like to see more badges, but I prefer ones that need to be earned rather than ground out, like influence, damage taken etc. It's no fun just parking yourself in a mission overnight to get a badge, there's not a lot of achievement there.

I'd like to see more Master Of badges, perhaps for all the trials and TF's out there, like Posi, Silver Mantis etc, although some of them could be too easy.

Exploration and plaques are always fun  but would need a lot of unofficial lore adding.

All additional lore at this point is unofficial lore.  Heck, considering how many hands have been on the writing in this game, I even consider some existing content "unofficial" already with how contradictory it is.  Exploration Badges are a nice, low bar.  However, they're also pretty much all done already.  The Homecoming Team already said that they want 8 Badges and 1 Accolade for Exploration per Zone, and we're pretty much already there.

Plaques, on the other hand . . . let's have at it!  I like that idea.  Maybe even add some Merit rewards for History Accolades like the Exploration Accolades.

You also make an excellent point about grinding.  As it stands, the raw number badges are just . . . daft.  Especially with stuff like how the Inf Badges were increased to such absurd levels.  I really think a solution for that needs to be put in place:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/9967-born-in-battle-500k-damage-badge-plz/?tab=comments#comment-90184

Content like that should not essentially require the player to be max level before any meaningful progress can be made.  It should be spaced appropriately for an entire "career" of a character.  If they can be achieved without AFKing, then that's the appropriate threshold necessary.

On 12/26/2019 at 5:29 PM, Coin said:

TBH, I'd like to see more badges, but I prefer ones that need to be earned rather than ground out, like influence, damage taken etc. It's no fun just parking yourself in a mission overnight to get a badge, there's not a lot of achievement there.

I'd like to see more Master Of badges, perhaps for all the trials and TF's out there, like Posi, Silver Mantis etc, although some of them could be too easy.

Exploration and plaques are always fun  but would need a lot of unofficial lore adding.

Anyone who could obtain a Master of Synapse badge would have truly earned that.  🙂

Seriously though, the discussion about the criteria for damage/money/heal badges is as old as the game itself. I am fine with their present criteria.

As to new plaques, when I was mapping the presents in Khalisti Whard I found about 3 plaques but I suspect there are more.  Perhaps KW should have its plaques enabled and explore badges added?

Accolade badges for the History badges? hmmm maybe one for all redside history badges, one for all blue and one for all praetorian history badges

As for having to be L50 to get all badges, you can just shut off XP and keep working the badges until they all ding.  I prefer to get to 50 and slot up the alt then go back and obtain the badges either be street sweeping for defeat badges, or using Ouro.

What I would like to see is the other incarnate powers brought online.  That's  5 powers, one badge for each.

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!