Build Request: Shield/Rad Tanker

Menelruin

4 hours ago, Infinitum said:

If you follow the shield and incarnate set up of this build all you have to do is select/change street justice to whatever rad powers you like and select similar enh sets that was on street justice and you will have an unkillable machine.

I would suggest not getting proton sweep though.

Captain Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense).mxd 5.64 kB · 0 downloads

No taunt?  Really?  Is that common on tankers?

His build has Ageless Radial toggled on.  Turn it off and you have 10% more recharge.

Oh, and toggle your Hasten on.

Bear in mind, the massive boost to recharge from Ageless Radial lasts like 10-20 seconds.  The long term buff is only 20%.  So, toggling it on in the planner will give you way more recharge than it accounts for over time.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

His build has Ageless Radial toggled on.  Turn it off and you have 10% more recharge.

Oh, and toggle your Hasten on.

Bear in mind, the massive boost to recharge from Ageless Radial lasts like 10-20 seconds.  The long term buff is only 20%.  So, toggling it on in the planner will give you way more recharge than it accounts for over time.

Thank you!   I didn't realize Mids accounted for things being toggled!  Is that why my damage is lower, too?

Thanks, that's what I figured.  Do you guys think I should swap Irradiated Aura for Radiation Siphon?  I'm slightly worried about not having enough attacks....

EDIT:  For those reading on phones, the only attacks I have multi-slotted are Contaminated Strike, Irradiating Aura, Devastating Blow, and Atom Smasher.  So one toggled aura and 3 direct attacks, 2 of which are slow and have long cooldowns....

Edited by Menelruin

11 hours ago, Menelruin said:

No taunt?  Really?  Is that common on tankers?

I don't know if it's common, but I never take taunt now.  Honestly if you are on a high end team, punchvoke is enough, the game moves fast enough to not need it especially when the aggro cap is so low anyway.

I'm sure there are countless voices that will disagree or tell me I'm wrong here, but I honestly don't care because my style works really well for me, and my teams.  At the end of the day thats what you have to figure is what works for you.

I took it back in the day, but as sets were introduced and teams got more durable and faster I realized instead of "herding to here" tactics changed more to tip of the spear, reload and hit the next mob, cluster them, team burns them down - rinse repeat.

More often than not the only time anyone dies is if they bite off more than they can chew before I have a chance to gain control or wander off ahead too far or not sit still if I'm blitzing to the glowies or kill person X to team teleport to finish the mission fast.

This always gets the job done either way without too many issues and you get an extra power choice out of it.

31 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

You will spend a lot of time standing around without another attack.  Radiation Siphon is also a sporadic heal, too.  I would try to work in Radiation Siphon, and then you could go with the attack chain:  DBlow-CStrike-RSiphon-CStrike

I agree with this, I think RS is a great attack and outweighs any benefit you would get from the toggle.

You won't go wrong either way but your attack chain will be better with RS in it.

If you really wanted the toggle just swap one with the shield out for it. In fact I would probably do that because I rarely use OWTS either way.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Caulderone said:

You will spend a lot of time standing around without another attack.  Radiation Siphon is also a sporadic heal, too.  I would try to work in Radiation Siphon, and then you could go with the attack chain:  DBlow-CStrike-RSiphon-CStrike

Should I give up the T9 for it, you think? 

EDIT:  So folks think I should give up Irradiating Aura?

Edited by Menelruin

I would drop One with the Shield.  For the occasional "oh crap" moment, you have Melee Core and inspirations.  Here is a "way not optimized" alternative:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Tanker
Primary Power Set: Shield Defense
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(5), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(7)
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx:50(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(11), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc:50(11)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:50(13), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg:50(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(15), ShlWal-Def:50(15), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(17)
Level 4: True Grit -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(17), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(21), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(21)
Level 6: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 8: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(A)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(23)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(23)
Level 14: Phalanx Fighting -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:50(25), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg:50(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(27), ShlWal-Def:50(27), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(29)
Level 16: Radiation Siphon -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg:50(39), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(39), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb:50(43)
Level 18: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 20: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 22: Fusion -- GssSynFr--ToHit:50(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg:50(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(31), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx:50(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx:50(31), GssSynFr--Build%:50(33)
Level 24: Boxing -- KntCmb-Knock%:35(A)
Level 26: Shield Charge -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc:50(34)
Level 28: Irradiated Ground -- AchHee-ResDeb%:20(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%:50(37)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(36), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), ImpArm-ResPsi:40(37)
Level 32: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:50(40), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(42), ShlWal-Def:50(42), Rct-ResDam%:50(42)
Level 35: Devastating Blow -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg:50(43), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(43), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%:50(45)
Level 38: Atom Smasher -- Arm-Dmg:50(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(46), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), Arm-Dam%:50(48)
Level 41: Focused Accuracy -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx:50(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), PrfShf-End%:50(48)
Level 47: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 49: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth:50(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+:40(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(50), Prv-Absorb%:50(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod:50(A), PrfShf-End%:50(50)
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon
------------

Edited by Caulderone
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Menelruin said:

Oh, I'd just swapped out Irradiated Ground with Radiation Siphon, and put Hecatomb in there (wasn't sure what else to get):

Shield-Rad build (Second Draft).mxd 5.21 kB · 0 downloads

I would probably keep irradiated ground and drop OWTS.

I'm going to look at your build when I get home to a computer, I mastered both sets separately on other builds just not together.  I think between me you and Caulderone we will have a godmode setup for you.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Infinitum said:

I would probably keep irradiated ground and drop OWTS.

I'm going to look at your build when I get home to a computer, I mastered both sets separately on other builds just not together.  I think between me you and Caulderone we will have a godmode setup for you.

Thank you!  That would be awesome!  So far I haven't had too much luck on my endgame chars....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Menelruin said:

Thank you!  That would be awesome!  So far I haven't had too much luck on my endgame chars....

I think I covered the bases here and gave you a good range of Resistance and defense.

As with anything it requires testing and possible adjustment but this should be borderline awesome if it isnt already.

Menelruin - Tanker (Shield Defense - Radiation Melee).mxd

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 11:28 PM, Menelruin said:

So, something else was pointed out to me recently....it was heavily implied that Taunt is absolutely required in order to tank Hami.  Is this true?

I couldn't tell you, I have only done one Hami Raid and that was pre IO issue on live.

Just isn't anything that interests me... Yet.

• Like 1