Constant PhysX core crash

BovineAvenger

Just recently, City of Heroes has been constantly crashing with PhysX errors for me; admittedly I've been playing abnormally, simply AFKing to take damage for the associated badges, but I've tried it in both alt tabbed mode and leaving it with the game as the active window whilst away from home, with chat logging on/off, in both clients, and many other ways besides.... yet it still seems to crash every hour or so whilst taking damage.

The very latest, literally a minute or so ago, generated this error;

Unfortunately, the City of Heroes client encountered an unexpected error and must close.

The error occurred in PhysXCore64.dll at relative address 0x2575a0.

The relative address changes every time it crashes, but the PhysXCore error is always there.

I can provide system stats etc if required. Meanwhile, here's my entire Crash folder with many, many examples of it failing... Please feel free to ask if you need more information.

Crash.zip

If you can (normally so if a laptop), try to do a hardware test. Specifically the RAM. I think Windows still has a built-in memory check function as well

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 1/1/2020 at 10:09 PM, WanderingAries said:

If you can (normally so if a laptop), try to do a hardware test. Specifically the RAM. I think Windows still has a built-in memory check function as well

Ram test completed; No errors found.  I'd have been amazed if it found any to be honest, as it's new as of November. The Windows 10 version only tests the system, not GPU ram and that's been in for a few years, but I don't see any issues with any other game, nor did I see it with CoH until recently.... They've pulled Safe Mode now alas, so testing again tonight with the 64 bit client.

Long shot, may not even be directly related...

CityOfHeroes.exe -usetexenvcombine

• Enables simple rendering path, which may help fix issues with certain video cards and drivers.

Put the dash command in the Tequila options -> Launch Parameters box

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation