Rad/Sonic vs Sonic/Sonic

DrBasics

Of these two, definitely Radiation.

Sonic Resonance is kind of a "I rolled this interesting set so I can say I did it" set. I consider it a bottom tier set. Poor slotting options, endurance hungry, no restoration powers at all (heals or endurance), and a T9 power on an absurd 300s recharge schedule that lasts 30 seconds that still manages to be worse than many powers that recharge in 60 seconds and last 45.

If they addressed the endurance consumption and found a way to fix Liquefy, Sonic Resonance would be more attractive. As is, it's in the low tier. It's not quite as bad as Trick Arrow, but it could use developer love.

Edited by oedipus_tex

Absolutely Rad/Sonic, the Sonic primary needs some help and is greatly overshadowed by most others now.  As a support set Sonic/ is below everything else except possibly Trick Arrow.  Rad/ is one of the strongest primaries available; it's good at everything and has no real drawbacks as a set.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

While we're talking about Radiation, think about whether Nature isn't even more attractive to you. Radiation and Nature are sister sets. Nature has the fewer debuffs of the two, specifically (much) less Regen. It has much better endurance management and team buffs though. Many other powers are the same or similar.

On 1/6/2020 at 5:09 AM, oedipus_tex said:

While we're talking about Radiation, think about whether Nature isn't even more attractive to you. Radiation and Nature are sister sets. Nature has the fewer debuffs of the two, specifically (much) less Regen. It has much better endurance management and team buffs though. Many other powers are the same or similar.

I have a Nature/Sonic defender in the mid-30's and it's not bad, still, I prefer Rad as it just feels better to me.  I haven't done any direct numbers comparison of the two sets, it's just my gut reactions to the sets.  Possibly I'm just more familiar with Rad but it seems easier to play.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler