AR / Device or AR / Energy

madatlis16

So, I got a AR/devices up to level 45 with set IOs. It survives decently. I enjoy using full auto. However, I am not very satisfied with the rest of the toon. The quick snipe on AR feels atrociously slow, which sucks a lot of the fun out of the set for me. 

I think I will probably try again with the energy secondary. Though I know that won’t change the snipe. Having more damage options from energy might make it more enjoyable. Not sure.  I’ve shelved the idea for now as I have been working on a couple new tanks.

On 3/30/2020 at 7:47 PM, StrikerFox said:

I loved AR/Nrg back during live. It was able to snipe/pull Nightstar while standing on the edge of the tennis court in BAF...

The AR/EM Blaster I had back on live was an experiment to see if Statesman's claim that "range was a Blaster's defense" could be made to work. One of the things I used to amuse myself with was standing on the platform near Imperious in Cimerora waiting for an ITF team to fill, sniping the mobs in the plaza on the other side of the valley with Snipe and LRM, then shooting the survivors as they made their way toward the platform after aggroing on me.

On 1/5/2020 at 10:32 PM, Doomguide2005 said:

Thematically Devices fits well, but either will work.  I haven't yet played /Devices (or AR) since live so not sure how the changes will effect it. I know I did enjoy the static group with friends, all AR/Devices was a blast.  First time we got to use Full Auto was a large outdoor Council map we surrounded them and opened up .  Not  quite the chaos of pulling entire multi-tiered rooms into literal mine fields but very satisfying. 

This sounds amazing!