Kinetic Melee

Snarky

Okay. I love Brutes. My main is a Brute. I ran redside almost always for Bruting until Going Rogue and i could Brute Blueside

i dislike weapons. Between redraw, super-theme, various powerset oddities etc i just dislike weapons

sooooo i spend a LOT of time with Super Strength and Dark Melee. Good thing i like them. 

i have tried liking Kinetic Melee. It is very comic book. It has no redraw. It has some AoE. It has a funky mechanic that requires no conscious application. I love funky mechanics that require no conscious application.  So...why have i never 50d one?

last night i really dialed it in. I freaking hate the graphics animations. They are bad at the beginning and the tier nine is “helicopter stupid” reminds me of the scene from breaking bad. 

anyways i figure it out.  The sound effects are very thunky satisying. The animation is somewhere berween “be as stupid as possible interpretive dance for beginners” and really bad kung fu moves that serve no useful purpose besides stretching

and soooo.  I took the weirdest character i have figured out how to spit out of the character generator that i like  And i slapped Kinetic Melee Invulnerable Brute on that

ran 4 DFBs and a bit of PI farm last night. Level 20.  Surprise ....I like it.  The funky character doing weird stuff is something my mind expects i guess. It drops down to background. I hear the thinks in my headphones and focus on managing the combat and killing stuff

wish me luck. I really want another set to 50. I just have to see how/if helicopter madness is going to affect my Bruting flow

• Like 1

Kinetic Melee sounds like NASCAR racing.  So long as you don't have a problem with that sound, you'll be okay with it.  Kinetic Melee is all about the "circular windup" of energy and then unleashing it into your enemies, rather than being a more "straight line" fighting style like you'd get with Martial Arts or Street Justice where you just smack them around or "crack 'em" in the ribs (etc. etc.).

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.