Global Channels

rolandgrey

After some shakeups on one of the TF channels, I got to thinking.

Do we have any social channels?  Is there a listing of channels or does anybody have any friendly channels for just chit-chatting and aren't focused on a particular topic?

Back when I was on Protector, we had Jello Shooters.  Granted, as I understand it, it started as a Hamidon Raid channel, but it was eventually overtaken as a general chat channel (at least, it was by the time I was playing the game).

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.

Yes. Anyone is free to create and promote a channel.

Also, have you performed a check of the search feature? Right-click on a chat window and select "Channel Search". My search automatically brings up the following: Torchbearer TFs 1324 members, Global 1308 members, etc etc...  Please note: check with the channel Description column or moderators for the channel's objectives and rules. 

To widen your net, there is a search field. Out of curiosity, I typed in "base" and received: Base Builders Inc 135 members. That looks like a gem! I love bases!

The word "social" itself produces one entry for "Social", 1 member. Of course, it's silly of me to assume that a description would be specifically listed.  I typed in "Torchbearer" and see a great many channels, one of which appears to be what you are looking for. "Torchbearer" channel is described as "Torchbearers general chat channel". That would be a good place for you to join and help advertise along your travels.

Just a heads up, there's also a great many private social channels.  The obvious question: how does one know what's out there (in terms of private channels). Host. Join. Host. Join. From LFG, Help, and public channels... fill your dance-card. Play with gusto. Sometimes just being that person who regulars can count on to follow instructions and kicks ass is the best way to find yourself courted.  I have to laugh because I'm whisper-reading this while typing (it's a thing) and was told by someone nearby who plays many MMO's that it's the "don't be a dick" rule. 

Edited by Spider

"play with gusto" ... haha, I'm so old. I'm the worlds oldest MMO player at 119 years. < not true. I frequently say things like "trollop" < not true and "cat's pajamas!" < not true. My first computer had a foot pedal and crank < possibly true

Pinn Badges (may not be spelled like that) for those from the ole drunken server. :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)