Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Stone Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(3), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(3), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(5), UnbCns-Dam%(5)
Level 1: Transfusion -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(7), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(7), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(9), DctWnd-Heal(9)
Level 2: Roots -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(11), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(11), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(13), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(13)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(15), Rct-Def(15), Rct-ResDam%(17)
Level 6: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(17)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(21), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(21), CrcPrs-Conf%(42)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 14: Boxing -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48)
Level 16: Entangle -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(40), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(40), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(42)
Level 18: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(23), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(25), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), HO:Endo(27)
Level 20: Speed Boost -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResKB(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(27), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(29), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29), RctArm-ResDam(31), RctArm-EndRdx(31)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33), RedFrt-Def(33)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(33), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(34), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(43)
Level 28: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(36), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(37), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(43)
Level 35: Transference -- EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(37)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- RechRdx-I(A), Acc-I(43)
Level 41: Fissure -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 44: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(45), RedFrt-Def(45)
Level 47: Earth's Embrace -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 49: Siphon Power -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(39), Pnc-Heal/+End(39)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(37), EndMod-I(39)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Ion Total Radial Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
------------

On 1/23/2020 at 1:46 PM, s3ri0us said:

Damn it, i lost!! 😞 I owe you 10 mil influence in game. Send me your global name and i will send them to you. For real.

LOL!  And just to make up for my content-light reply, I will suggest you try Seismic Smash in place of Fissure.  Slotted with procs, it's kind of impressive for an ST attack out of a Controller.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Wait, we're getting serious now?

1: Always put Force Feedback: +Recharge into AoE knockback powers, like Fissure. Without that, Seismic Smash is better. With it, I'd take Fissure.

2: I'd take Seismic in any case over Earth's Embrace, and use the slots from Boxing to slot it.

3: The Immobilizes should be slotted as attack powers, their duration is so long already. If you're thinking that you're going to max out the damage using Fulcrum Shift, then slot them with as many damage procs as you can manage, and add Fulcrum Shift on top of that.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 12:48 AM, Coyote said:

Wait, we're getting serious now?

1: Always put Force Feedback: +Recharge into AoE knockback powers, like Fissure. Without that, Seismic Smash is better. With it, I'd take Fissure.

[...]

General question: say the 5th or 6th slot of a set got me a 7.5% global recharge bonus. Would I be better off with that, or the FF+Rech proc, in an AoE with say, a 30s recharge and 16 max targets?

ETA: I'm thinking specifically of Repulsion Bomb on my Fire/ForceField controller, which is a good opener on most non-Nemesis mobs, but I don't fire it again until next mob.  I've currently got it 6-slotted with Sudden Acceleration, because Fire/FF has a thousand extra enhancement slots and SudAcc has a lot of useful bonuses, including the 7.5% recharge.  BUT, if I would be better off just one or two-slotting RBomb (acc and FF+Rech) then picking up Fissure and 5-slotting it with FF+Rech and 4x something else, I might lean that route.  

I had tested this on... Test before but it was difficult to compare results, as the timers on the FF+Rech build were all over the map.

Edited by roleki

If you're not going to use the AoE, then clearly the set bonus is better. So the real question is how often you'll use it. But if it's part of your regular AoE rotation, then ABSOLUTELY, for the following reasons:

1: The proc is set up to work 3 times a minute. Each successful activation is already about 10% better than a LotG, so if you're using it at a rate that results in the usual PPM activations, you're ahead.

2: The PPM calculations don't take global recharge into account... so as you get set bonuses and activate the proc itself, it becomes possible to activate it more times per minute, so you actually get a bigger effect.

3: The calculation is done PER MOB HIT, and if a single mob activates the proc, then it activates. You can't get it to activate more than once per use of the power, but if you're hitting 10 mobs with it, you're close to 99% chance to activate it.

Now, I usually get those 32-second epic AoEs down to 12 seconds or less, so say 15 with activation time. That's 4 activations per minute, at a bit over 30% bonus for that minute. This is a "best case" scenario where you're attacking constantly so that you use the power whenever it's available. But even at 50% of its best-time usage, you're still way ahead of the set bonus. Heck, get it to activate once a minute, and you're still good.

For a Controller, it's a bit harder to max out the usage since controls and debuffs are usually more important than AoE damage and a Recharge bonus, so you will usually delay the activation time a bit to throw out something more relevant. Same for a Dominator, but to a lesser extent. Both of these ATs still benefit. But the ATs whose purpose in combat is to throw out attacks, will benefit tremendously from slotting the procs. All damage classes, as well as the buffers who have out-of-combat buffing like Thermal (and who will probably throw out just a couple of debuffs in a fight), are going to use the powers with these procs pretty much constantly in a fight.

Example: I have an Electric/Earth, with 2 FFs in a single-target rotation (Hurl Boulder, Heavy Mallet). In an AoE rotation, there are 3 (Jolting Chain, Fissure, Tremor). The uptime with the AoE rotation is close to 100% since I'm firing about 4 attacks every ten seconds, so as long as two of those activate, I'm getting 10 seconds worth of buffing. So, sets with 2-3 AoEs, which usually allow them to fire twice in ten seconds, can often run nearly 100% uptime as long as they're attacking large spawns. It's a bit less constant with a single-target rotation, but still pretty high.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:48 AM, Coyote said:

I always take kick over boxing to slot this is. With a couple of procs, it's actually very serviceable and cross punch is worth getting for the animation along. Fighting synergy makes the whole pool pretty decent on a controller because of the damage scaling with containment. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

@Coyote Thanks for the explanation; I guess Repulsion Bomb was a bad example.  I think when I roll up a FF/En Defender, I'll go nuts on the FF+Recharge and see where that ends up.  I've got Nova every 37s on my En/En blaster, but that's leveraging lots of SuddebAccel.