White Masks

Solarverse

Ever notice that if you use a White Mask on your character, it looks more like white paint that is wearing off? There is a lot of bleed through when using white masks, parts of the face of your character bleeds through the white color, causing your "mask" to look like worn paint instead, most notably around the cheeks. I figure I might bring this up and hope that a fix will be quick and easy...hope.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, MTeague said:

This is true. I have switched costume colors sometimes when making a new character because of this, or gone to helmets / hoods.

As silly as it may seem to others, I have done this exact same thing. I have come up with the perfect costumes that fit white masks, and after seeing it the way it looks as white, I woudl change the colors so that the mask can be something other than white, lol.

I think it has to do with how white decals, (for lack of a better term), are applied to the various skin tones.  If you go with a full face mask, then apply one of the domino mask-like patterns, it looks much better.  Perhaps the best option would be to add a selection of mask options as face accessories, instead of said "decals"...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1