The Rookery. is open for business ((Silly/Light roleplay))

NekoAli

At seemingly abandoned lots in Atlas Park, Cap au Diable, Praetoria and other locations the gently blowing breeze is disturbed the sound of a mechanical wheezing. The sound grows louder in time with the image of an ornate home slowly appearing, then fading away, becoming more solid with each wheeze until it becomes completely solid with a loud thunk. Exactly what the building looks like is hard to say, since it changes depending on what the watcher expects, and alters moment to moment. A sign by the front door is flipped from CLOSED to OPEN and the door opens. A cat girl walks out onto the porch and sets up a sandwich board sign. "The Rookery. is open for business again. Free chocolate donuts, bacon and cold pizza inside."

Taking a deep breath, she looks over this city of heroes and lovingly strokes the porch railing. "Well old girl, we finally made it back. It's been a long trip exploring other dimensions... But finally, thanks to the efforts of a bunch of true heroes, we're finally home." The house seems to purr in agreement as the woman wipes a tear away.

Looking out over the City. "I knew we would be back some day. I always had faith. I thought it might have taken longer, and it might have been a little different. But this is it, this is really it. Home, exactly the way we left it. Well, we better get ready for new guests. Welcome, Heroes, Villains and others to The Rookery. Our little pocket world between the City of Heroes and the Real World. Everyone is welcome, just please treat each other well and enjoy."

((OOC/Setup))

For those who know what this is, welcome back, or I'm sorry. Depending on how you felt about us. For those new... Welcome! The Rookery. (the dot at the end is important) was a long running thread/series of threads on the Virtue forums of the old City of Heroes web site. Originally started by The Crimson Rook, it attracted a bunch of us misfit types who wanted to have one foot in the City of Heroes even when we couldn't be playing.

The Rookery. itself is a living, magical place that could be anything and anywhere. Normally it's like a big lounge/coffee shop/relaxation place. Nice high rafters for birds and cats to relax in. Comfortable seating. Robot chefs who can make anything a person could want to eat or drink. Sometimes DJs would stop by and bring us cold pizza.

It was a place to relax, enjoy the company of other fans of this game when we couldn't play. Be in character or out. Engage in cartoon tussles with kittehs and puppehs, or hide out from them in the bunker under the couch. But what it really was was a place to share joy with each other. An escape from the pressures and sadness so please... no drama. Love us or hate us, all are welcome here, so long as they are kind to others.

After the Evil Empire closed off the portals to Paragon City we've drifted to other games... many of the most regular posters stayed together, keeping up our brand of happy madness in different places. Most of us semi-settled in Champions Online but... it's not the same, is it? And now, thanks to the work of these wonderful people, we can come home again. The Rookery. is back where it belongs. Long live the City of Heroes!

*poofs into existence with a shower of silver smoke and feathers* Oh! Is this the new digs?

I like it! I like it.

*stands next to Neko and  lowers head* I actually lost hope. I mean I was happy with the times I had, but I didn't think it would come back.

I'm kinda glad you didn't lose hope though. All the folks who had fun playing pretend here. It was kinda awesome in its own way.

Funny enough, I can smell the pamcakes and the Floating Bean Bag Chairs(FBBC) are still here.

*poofs out of existence and then hovers over a purple FBBC before plopping down on it* Ah nice!

It won't be exactly the same, but that's ok.

Neither are we.

*Pops out of the plate with the chocolate donuts and noms one*

And I should remind everyone I am still the reigning, defending TUSSLIN champ of the Rookery!

*Paints a sign on the atic door. Pogo's Lab!* Got to get a few things ready just in case.

No response means I win the tusslin contest I guess. *hangs the championship belt on the mantle*

So how's everyone doing? Creating alt after alt, or sticking with one person to run up to 50? I finally got to do something last night that I was never able to before... I made a villain side demon summoning MM that went Rogue. Back in the day they never quite got to the level where I could start the alignment missions, so I missed out on it. Now it doesn't matter so much really... You can make most archetypes either side an Null the Gull can switch your alignment instantly. Which admittedly I did it that way instead of the old way.... But it's still nice to have completed a goal I'd wanted to do since Going Rogue came out... Thought the people in the RP channel were probably too nice and accepting of the switch to a character of questionable morals, unpleasant background and a penchant for dabbling with infernal magics.

Also, we have official Rookery. pamcakes, hot off the griddle

*floats down from the rafters slowly to the sounds of coughing and sniffling* Good Morning. Oh summertime colds are the worst.

*coughs* OOH Banana popsicles will do the trick!

*rummages through the freezer and comes away with a whole box*

Nice running with you last night. Hard to get big groups for Praetorian content.

Also, I have what may be an unpopular opinion... I did not think much of Avengers Infinity War. *hides under an impervious blanket*

No bopping the Rook. *reads the comment about Infinity War* On the other hand.. have at it. In fact, where's my whacking stick?

I'd play with you all gold side. If I can ever make a character there I like. I should remake my sonic clockwork.... So, what level are you two? Loyalist or Rebel? I have a loyalest staff scrapper now, but I'm not entirely sold on how it plays. Not sure if I'll keep her or re-roll another weapon set.

*poofs into existence, coughs, poofs out of existence*

*Poofs half into existence then disappears*

*ethereal coughing can be heard*

*poofs into existence with a very red sore beak*

Ok. I think I am here. I think I would have rather had the flu, whatever hell bug has infested my innards need exorcising!

*pushes button on the pamcake and orange juice machine and watches the sunrise out the front window*

Good Morning everyone! That was a glorious weekend of heroics and villainry despite my infirmity.

Hope everyone had a good one! I may start trying to make the sg base whenever I can tear myself away from gameplay.

Well that's what you get spending all weekend logging into antisocial media. You catch a virus. :)

*struggles sneak a laptop into the rafters*

Now maybe I can get in some missions in between work today.... I caught a bug too, and the only cure is more City.

*poofs into existence*

*stifles a cough ever so slightly*

I have wrestled the demons in mah chest! AND WON!

Mostly.

Good Morning all!

/e opens the shutters to look out onto Paragon City.

Despite all the crime and rampaging monsters, this city is kinda alright.

I heard Pogoman had back surgery and was recuperating. I hope they can come back soon.

Best wishes Pogo.

/e sips from a china cup full of Diet Dr. Pepper.

I dunno. It might have been. I've seen her riding stranger mounts. *pours a little cough syrup in Rook's diet Dr Pepper* it can't make it taste any worse.

I'm telling you, this game returning has made my altitis flare up worse than ever. And they give us 1000 character slots to work with.

Challenge Accepted.

*poofs into existence with a curiously strong smell*

I couldn't do it any more.

No MORE COUGH DROPS! So I been downing Altoids.

I would have to say I ran into some really nice folks last night doing Hollows missions. Amazing how many people still want to be in character in a mish.

Also amazing how many people still wanna take that punk Frostfire down.

Also ALSO amazing how interesting a Sentinel can stand in middle of mobs and not die like a normal blaster. Curiously STRONG indeed.

*punches the red button on a machine at the counter and watches as it dispenses a cup full of Altoids.

I wanna do some Hollows again. I've done all the starting missions through Atlas and a bunch of Kings Row again. Dammit Azuria, stop losing stuff. Death from Below is great if you want to power through your first 10-15 levels really quick. But there's just soooo much content.

*gets a cup of coffee and some fresh cold pizza and hops on a fbbc*

What kind of reward merits should we be getting? I swear I should have more on Alison Wonderland, but I've only got 90 after doing a bunch of task forces... Trying to decide if it's worth it to get the archtype enhancements that level with you, or save up for invention set enhancement recipes for later....

*poofs into existence*

*looks around*

Oddly enough my last post didn't post.

*harumphs*

Harumph

Anyways I would be totally down with some Hollows teamups this weekend. If ya see me on, just let me know.

*sneaks a cookie from Becky.

Aces. I'll try to catch you on then.

*hops on her FBBC with a pot of coffee and three laptops*

Okay... time to research keybinds, mastermind controls, enhancement strategies and chart out which characters will live on which servers... Moving past the 'make tons of characters by whim' phase and into the 'plan the shit out of this' phase....

Not sure of the standard protocol anymore, though since it is Saturday...even though it is late.

*sets out cold pizza on the counters*

----part time DJ at www.thecaperadio.com ----

*hugz & smooches!*

D