Ninja Tool Mastery Graphical Bug?

Timeshadow

Just grabbed Sting of the Wasp on my DP/Nin and realized it's not showing my sword.  The animation works, the power works, but my toon just swings air.  There's also no option for weapon customization at the tailor.  Is this a known bug or should I go ahead and report it?

Edited by Timeshadow

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)

That's actually two different bugs.

The first (weapon not appearing) is usually caused by having the No Redraw animation option selected,  though there are other causes as well. The animation system gets confused sometimes, and thinks you already have a weapon out, so it doesn't add one.

The second (no weapon option for your secondary) is because you can only have one weapon assigned to each hand; in this case, the pistol is overriding the katana option.

In your particular case, the latter bug might be the cause of the former. I'm not sure. 

8 hours ago, Roderick said:

The first (weapon not appearing) is usually caused by having the No Redraw animation option selected,  though there are other causes as well. The animation system gets confused sometimes, and thinks you already have a weapon out, so it doesn't add one.

The second (no weapon option for your secondary) is because you can only have one weapon assigned to each hand; in this case, the pistol is overriding the katana option.

In your particular case, the latter bug might be the cause of the former. I'm not sure. 

Interesting.  I don't think I had no redraw set when I first used the power but I definitely do now.  I'll try going back to the original animations and see if that fixes the display issue at least.  Thanks for the reply 👍

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)

On 1/31/2020 at 2:49 AM, Roderick said:

While accurate, in the case of Sentinels in general, this is just a known bug. Swords just aren’t showing for Sents if you choose Ninja as a pool.  I suspect it has more to do with the fact that Sentinels were cobbled together as an AT and thus the animation sequences don’t carry over.

I’ve noticed it a bit with Tankers using Katana as well.

EDIT: There’s about a dozen posts on this in the Bugs forum.  Some say it’s the DP issue, many aren’t even DP users, some are straight Katana primary users and experiencing it, reported by Sents, Blasters and Tankers, some can see the weapon themselves but it’s invisible to anyone else, some only have it invisible during idle stance, etc etc etc.

Looks like it’s any Katana models in general that are broken.

Full search of Bugs forum:  

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/search/?q=Ninja&type=forums_topic&nodes=32

Edited by Crysis

• 3 weeks later