Random Crashing

OperativeHunter

Sometimes the game will run for an hour or two without issue, sometimes it will last one mission, sometimes 5 minutes.  Regardless of what's happening, I can be doing something as simple as standing on a building scrolling through badges and the game will crash.

I've had the launcher verify my files but it still happens, what diagnostic can I run to figure out what is making my game crash so frakking often?

Can you describe HOW it crashes?

Is it just a rapid crash to your desktop or a "lost connection to mapserver" that lasts a minute or so before dumping you to the login screen. These details matter a LOT in determining the cause.

For example, the latter has been plaguing a number of players and there are a couple of solutions presented in threads related to those issues (probably on page 2 or 3 by now, but look for "Mapserver" in the thread title).

The former is where employing Homecoming's new Crash Reporting system (full info dump) would be helpful to the Homecoming team in sorting out what's happening.

Beyond that, always try to remember to post your system specs when listing an issue here. At this stage I'm kind of thinking that listing your AV software and running background apps may be helpful as well.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)