Powers getting back to their Roots

2 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

If i find that animation in the files, and I think it actually is still there, hiding somewhere, I'll nerf MA only to return the animation!!!! (Just kidding, but I seriously would figure a way to get the animation back into the game.)

Since you commented, what do you think about a change for some long animations (that are not snipes/AS) where if the ToHit check at the start rolls a miss, then it'd play a shortened version of the attack (like the tail end) instead of the whole thing? 

I personally have no qualms with playing the whole animation on a miss but I've heard people's issue with long animations is missing. 

How difficult/feasible is that if limited to specific powers (like flurry/shadow Maul TF and the like)? 

• Developer
3 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

Since you commented, what do you think about a change for some long animations (that are not snipes/AS) where if the ToHit check at the start rolls a miss, then it'd play a shortened version of the attack (like the tail end) instead of the whole thing? 

There is no straightforward way to do this at the moment without a new engine feature to support such a thing. Even if it was added, it would open demands from a lot of people asking more and more that this or that miss should just use up no time at all. I know already it would be the kind of thing that I would regret doing for any given power.

*Bit less, when you count the streakbreaker forcing hits

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

9 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

There is no straightforward way to do this at the moment without a new engine feature to support such a thing. Even if it was added, it would open demands from a lot of people asking more and more that this or that miss should just use up no time at all. I know already it would be the kind of thing that I would regret doing for any given power.

*Bit less, when you count the streakbreaker forcing hits

What did you do for the fast snipe feature?  I figure it's having some kind of "mode" (or lack thereof) that triggers the long interruptible animation and the reverse playing the end part.  I guess the difference is being able to use a similar mode that is determined by a hit or miss but I can't think of any other effect that makes such a check, as per your description.

As for people making demands: Fuck 'em.  Lol I hear a lot of suggestions all the time but it's all just pie-in-the-sky, at the end of the day.  Depending on how difficult to implement, I think it might be a worthwhile endeavor if another shard of CoX might be willing to use it.

...that actually makes me wonder what sharing goes on between the devs of the various servers with different changes and content.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:24 AM, Captain Powerhouse said:

I remember that Chun Li kick.

spacer.png

I used to have a Martial Arts scrapper, damned cool name, the kind you only get if you start very early: Shadowing (a batman kinda character with a raven/crow mottif.) That kick was in my mind the center of that character's soul. When they took the animation away, I was so angry I deleted the character. If i find that animation in the files, and I think it actually is still there, hiding somewhere, I'll nerf MA only to return the animation!!!! (Just kidding, but I seriously would figure a way to get the animation back into the game.)

Would love for it to be an optional animation for Cobra Strike. I've always wanted my MA character to only use kicks but Cobra Strike kills that dream. Plus it's a disorienting attack and I could see a flurry of kicks causing that sort of effect.

Edited by Caly