Kat/WP vs WP/Kat

Jolly Ogre

WP/katana makes for a great low level tanker.  You get AoE at level 4 and by level 16 have mezz protection except immobilize and since you are based on healing not def or res you can tank any villain group.  You also have a great END recovery and have no END problem.s  But other powersets catch up and surpass it as you level.

If you want a level 50, I would go with brute.  WP recovery and healing will let you just constantly steamroll.  Since you are not res or def based, the higher tanker caps will not matter.

I have a kat/wp scrapper and hes ace. I was fighting orange and red freakshow earlier on +2/2 at level 30 and they barely made a dent. Obviously I'm hampered by the limited availability of slots, so I went for a balance rather than favouring one thing over another. But I can see the potential at higher levels when I have my attacks and defences fully slotted.

Hmm. Buckshot at a barn door from 100 meters. This is a pretty huge spread of a question.

Katana pairs well with anything. I have a katana SR scrap, loads of fun, near unkillable, tons of damage, higher single target, and decent AoE

I have 4 WP scraps with different mains, all very strong. WP on scraps is set and forget. Built properly, very tough and good Regen.

You can't go wrong with any of them, I recommend try all three to lvl 20.

If you're time limited try 2 of 3. Be aware that katana on tanks is wider AoE so, different flavor.

If you want huge front load damage at many time, scrap. One shot kill +3-4.

If you want aggro control, brute and tank. If you want more aggro than damage, tank. More sustained manic damage by running group to group, brute. Brute will take more cash to get to tank level tough, tank will tough it on the cheap. Scraps kill fast to balance the slightly less Toughy with cheap builds.

Now, go forth and Alt!