Perma stun locked nightstar

Noyjitat

Just ran the mission from maria jenkins and this is the older mission with nightstar on the rooftop rather than in the underground. She was set to av and I seen the purple triangles but once I had her stunned she never broke free. Was using energy transfer, psychic shockwave on a dominator and the backup radio pet the ppd version on a vigilante. Could be that the av stats for her just aren't working properly since the same did not happen to infernal.

It's not impossible to stack enough MAG to pierce purple triangles, just difficult (you need more than 54 MAG to do it reliably).  This is easier to do on a Dominator with Domination than it is on a Controller with Overpower.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

It's not impossible to stack enough MAG to pierce purple triangles, just difficult (you need more than 54 MAG to do it reliably).  This is easier to do on a Dominator with Domination than it is on a Controller with Overpower.

Yes i know but you're not supposed to keep them held indefinitely which is what I'm referring to. That's supposed to be impossible... My memory tells me a rule was put in place that eventually they will break out of no matter how large the mag is and be immune for a period of time before they can be held, stunned, terrorized or confused. Sleeps are the only thing that can last indefinite and that's only on certain avs. I ran one of the newer missions with nightstar just after writing this story arc and didn't have this issue pop up so the nightstar in the old mission must have a glitch. 

Edited by Noyjitat

9 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

That's supposed to be impossible... My memory tells me a rule was put in place that eventually they will break out of no matter how large the mag is and be immune for a period of time before they can be held, stunned, terrorized or confused.

First I've heard of this; the only suppression to prevent permanent mez I know of was a pre-i13 PvP thing. Otherwise I thought if you could stack the magnitude high enough, fast enough, you just permanently mez anything with the key being that first part.

4 hours ago, siolfir said:

First I've heard of this; the only suppression to prevent permanent mez I know of was a pre-i13 PvP thing. Otherwise I thought if you could stack the magnitude high enough, fast enough, you just permanently mez anything with the key being that first part.

Think the powers person needs to confirm this then. Everything I’ve always heard about the changes to avs is no matter how many holds you stack eventually the purple triangles are supposed to break them out of it and give them immunity for a set time period beforw your holds lock them again.

I play doms about as much as my main a fort (which is alot) not tryng to gloat but this is something I’ve never encountered before. And it only happened with nightstar on the roof mission. The second time I fought her after that it was just as expected and she broke out of the stuns.

Edited by Noyjitat

• Developer

Half true.

It is the goal of purple triangles that an AV should not be held for more than 50% of the time. Due to implementation, it is not always the case. The devs kept increasing the mez prot of new critters over time, here and there, whenever they gave it some thought, so purple triangles for some AVs might be stronger than others.

Overall, its an implementation that may warrant revision at some point.

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png