Solo Electric/Storm Controller - Leveling Build

Fan Mail

I finally hit 22 last night thinking SOs were going to solve my lack of damage problems.  I think what has happened was that I was spoiled by the P2V procs you get at level 1 that were slotted and have now expired.  Now that I have gone past level 21, my damage is very lack-luster. Even with SOs.  

So as a solo-leveling-Controller, just wondering what I should look for in IOs and my build.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Edited by tafilr

Storm is going to be a major contributor to your damage output and as a controller tornado and lightning storm are going to come later than on a defender, well after SO's are useable.  So while SO's will help up damage the bigger jump will be after those Storm powers well as Freezing Rain are slotted and in use.

• Thanks 1

So a lull between level 21 - 35?  I plan on putting some IO damage procs in where I can to maybe at a minimum replace what was there.  As far as Freezing Rain, I have that sucker 3 slotted with damage SOs, they still only tick for 1 damage per hit.  So a waste of damage SOs/slots there.  

Definitely don’t slot Freezing Rain or Sleet for damage 😛 they will always tick for 1 damage. Either use those 3 slots for recharge, or put an Achilles -res debuff IO and an Annihilation -res debuff as well as a recharge redux. Powers like this only need recharge redux, anything else is redundant as the -defense values are high enough as a baseline. Those two procs alone should help quit a bit. Arcane Bolt from the Sorcery Pool does wonders leveling up. Between your T1 immob, T2 hold and Blackwand/Nemesis Staff, you should have your ST damage covered. Jolting Chain is great for procs. But really, you’ll just have to grit and bare it until you get your Tornado/Lightning Storm and pets. That’s where you’ll really shine. As well as incorporating a full IO build.

Edit: end redux would be nice pre-IOs, post-IOs One recharge redux and an Achilles is pretty ideal. You could also 2 slot Touch of Lady Gray for 1.5% HP bonus and a little bit of defense debuff/recharge/end redux. I use that slotting frequently if I have the slots to throw around.

Edited by cazden121
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, Freezing Rains contribution to damage is indirect.  It debuffs defense and resistance with the resistance making yours and your teammates attacks do more damage.  The -resist IO's when they trigger further boost damage of attacks against the debuffed mob. 

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Thanks 1