Custom Powers, Henchmen Appearances and Animation?

Eidolor

Stick em in an easy to find place, I made a desktop folder named Piggy Bank, and use the search bar to find what you want to replace and what you want to replace it with

Im not sure what bin contains, I think you want stage1a for animations and stage1b for FX

Edited by Eidolor

7 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

ok i finally got it working and have extracted a bunch of bin files but umm, what do i do with bin files?

ignore the bin files for now, they mostly just contain paths for various textures, models, etc etc, and also some in game texts. (You can edit them by opening them with a notepad, i recommend using notepad++)

Note: the bin files do not contain the actual textures, animations, sounds and etc.

Edited by Spctr

yeah, you're looking at the bin.pigg file. I wouldnt recommend touching that if you dont know what you're doing yet, start of with one of the sound pigg files if you wanna learn to mod, they're the easiest to change and you can learn the basics there. Texture (you'll find them conveniently having Tex in their names, also in the stage files) and Animation (stage1a.pigg) will be more difficult, For animation, you can swap it easily like sounds, but because of the way the game handles animation, it may or may not produce the outcome you want. easiest to change would probably be the idle and emote animations. For textures, they're dds files that you have to edit it via hex editors to include the file path.

• Like 1

I found the shooting animation I want under animation<male, extracted it into the directory folders I made, then renamed it with what I think should be provoke's animation's name, but it doesn't change in game. Did I mess the pathing up, get some step wrong or are those just not the names for provoke's animation?

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.14 - 09.34.28.31.png
edit: this pathing is wrong!! Nothing will work like this, updated correct directory in op

Edited by Eidolor

seems like that's for martial arts, make sure you're using the taunt from MA. Also i've been having difficulty with modding attacks atm, probably because there are multiple animations going on at a time when a power is activated. Either that or SFX or something else is getting in the way.

An example is that i've managed to make characters do the monkey dance when using flamethrower, the problem is they dont do the actual monkey dance but stand there stuck in a chicken wing pose

There's also the fact that males, females and Huge all have different skeletons, some animations can run on all three (most of these can be found on the male folder), gender/size specific ones will be placed on the female and huge.

Edited by Spctr

yeah. again that provoke you changed was for MA and TW so make sure you're testing on a char that's either an MA or a TW user. Also did you restart your game client when you tested? unlike sounds, it wont load newly placed animations automatically

Yeah I close it out completely and relaunch anytime I try to change anything. I see what you mean now, the martial arts and two hand power sets. Just tried all of them but got nothing. Any ideas for which animation it uses? Or which one fighting’s cross punch uses?

Edited by Eidolor

I’m still trying to get provoke and cross punch to be something shooty, will try a different animation to make sure I’m doing it right

Is there any way to directly see which animation a power uses?

Edited by Eidolor

Presence’s provoke and fighting’s cross punch, I’ve tried just about everything with the words taunt, cross, punch and brawl with a couple replacements so idk if I’ve messed something up with my directories or if the pool powers are somewhere else or if like spctr said something else botches attacks 

Edited by Eidolor

Some are broken up into multiple parts, maybe they’re getting overwritten by sfx

Tried to search animlists.bin for them, taunt was the only word there and was near threat so I tried everything with threat in it too. 

If y’all happen to notice anything for henchmen appearances lemme know. I’m afraid they may be in chunks too though

Edited by Eidolor