Need a Fix for MM pets blocking other toons from playing

BurningDezire

There have been countless players who have experienced being blocked by MM pets countless times. Caves, Doorways, etc. MM pets block doorways and other player are literally unable to execute their powers on enemies. To put it simply, other players can't play when MM pets block doorways. And that's just with one MM on a team. Add a few more and it's not even worth trying to play. It's very frustrating and needs an immediate solution. Allow toons to "pass-through" MM pets or perhaps some other solution is certainly needed. This should be a high-priority case.

• Like 1

This should actually be a Bug Report, I think.  In my experience, I am able to push other players' Henchpets around with ease in-game.  The only time I can't is when they're pinned to a corner or squeezed between a couple of enemies or players.  I know many other players have reported being unable to do this, though, so I'm unsure where the issue is occurring in the code.

Agreed. Don't forget the bump of when playing melee. 

One MM lover told me it's my fault when I play melee and get stuck behind them in choke points; can't do shit.  Range not so much if it's a hall way, but melee got 7 to work with which fails. Stupid MM run all pets in a group forgetting there is up to 7 others. Unless you fix stupid, logic needs to smack them in the head. 

Small hit boxes like fire imps would be nice.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

46 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

This should actually be a Bug Report, I think.  In my experience, I am able to push other players' Henchpets around with ease in-game.  The only time I can't is when they're pinned to a corner or squeezed between a couple of enemies or players.  I know many other players have reported being unable to do this, though, so I'm unsure where the issue is occurring in the code.

Yes, I wasn't sure what this is classified as, bug or a design flaw. Either way, it does not allow playing of the game for other players and should be addressed immediately. I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed already. When I get on a team with an MM, I just don't try. I just leech XP or I leave the team. Not even worth trying to get past the pets. This issue takes precedence over others that have recently been addressed.

Edited by BurningDezire

2 hours ago, VileTerror said:

I think it might help a fix get made if more data is provided.  Maybe some specific details of what's going on whenever the Henchpets won't get out of your way.  If the Devs have more information, then making the fix should be easier.

It's a management failure on the part of the MM. MM pets are insubstantial to their own summoner, but solid for anyone else, so a MM can, for example, allow their pets to stack up in a doorway, where they stop and begin firing off ranged attacks, leaving any melee team members behind them unable to get through the door.

This issue has existed from the release of City of Villains, and I remember complaints about this almost from Day 1 of CoV; it speaks volumes about the issue that it went from CoV release through to sunset without anything being done about it, suggesting that the devs either considered it not worth spending time on, or that it was working as designed. Remember that the only difference between a set of MM pets stacking up in a doorway and blocking you from getting through and a PA, Phantasm, Singularity, Jack Frost, or any other pet doing the same thing is that the MM can tell their pets to move. Yell at the MM, not the devs.

Some pets are much worse than others.  Robots and demons are worse than beasts or ninjas, for instance.  Lore pets are the same way; now everybody can be a mastermind.  I avoid Pantheon and Longbow pets on my characters for similar reasons. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291