The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Kicking around some ideas...

Bellicose

There are a few Power Sets that I've never really tried. I had thought about building them as Brutes as I do enjoy brutes.  However, with the recent changes, I've been considering whether these might be better served as Tankers (or Scrapper or Stalkers for that matter).

I'd thought about a SS/Rad Brute (I'd recently done a Inv/SS Tankers and was underwhelmed - of course, that was before the changes)

Also, a Psionic Melee/Dark Brute

A Battle Axe/Fire Brute

And a War Mace/Dark Armor Brute.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

In most situations, brutes are still the better raw damage dealer. If that's your thing, roll a brute.

Of the sets you've listed, Super Strength and Psionic Melee have the least to gain from the new changes, and thus should do markedly better damage on a Brute. This is due to both sets having minimal AoE to leverage the changes, aside from very good tier 9s. 

Battle Axe and War Mace will be able to leverage the changes better, and so you may like the experience of hitting more targets better on a Tanker. Single target damage will still be lower than what a brute is capable of with fury.

I don't agree about Super Strength, I have seen Foot Stomp post-patch and it is utterly bananas in a character built for damage.  Not sure about Psi Melee, I haven't seen anybody built to really optimize that yet (my own WP/Psi tank isn't that for sure).  For most people though, I think the change is less about doing damage to stuff (which it definitely improves, sure) and more about applying Gauntlet to more stuff in a bigger area, in a fun way.

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 4:42 PM, Kaballah said:

I don't agree about Super Strength, I have seen Foot Stomp post-patch and it is utterly bananas in a character built for damage.  Not sure about Psi Melee, I haven't seen anybody built to really optimize that yet (my own WP/Psi tank isn't that for sure).  For most people though, I think the change is less about doing damage to stuff (which it definitely improves, sure) and more about applying Gauntlet to more stuff in a bigger area, in a fun way.

Super Strength actually was very much so BUFFED. Rage on the new scalar enables tankers to consistently match Brute-level damage%'s and is especially relevant now that rage is multiplicative to the new scalar vs rage only being additive to the brute's fury.