Help with a Fire/EA build please.

Wolfboy1

So I am now lvl 38 on my Fire/EA toon and I really am having a lot of fun with him.  I have not gotten any IO sets on him yet but was wondering when I do hit 50 what should I start going for (and saving inf for)?

I really don't know how to do builds effectively.  Obviously I am going for damage but want to softcap the def/res aspect as much as the powerset allows me to. Any build, even a startup one, would be helpful.  I just need some direction to go in as what sets should I prioritize vs what shouldn't i even attempt to put into the powers.

Softcaps S/L/E/N/F/C

Res 50%+ S/L/E/N

Max HP 37 hp/sec regen

Should deal excellent ST and AOE damage

Inferno is fully gear'd with FotG proc

Follow up is multi-proc'd Psy Wave (does about 400 damage as a follow up AOE)

Has dominate multi-proc'd to boost ST dps

If end gets low, you just Power Drain and boom full end

Energize is permanent (I'd recommend using a macro to swap between Hasten and Energize for autocasting)

You can also stealth missions

here you go:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(11), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(11), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 2: Kinetic Dampening -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Max HP%(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5)
Level 4: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(7), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(7), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(9), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 6: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Fire Ball -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(36)
Level 10: Energize -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(17), NmnCnv-Heal(27), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(29), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 12: Blaze -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg(39), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Dcm-Build%(40)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 16: Entropy Shield -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(19), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 20: Power Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), Ags-ResDam(23), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(23), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(25), Ags-Psi/Status(25)
Level 22: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 26: Rain of Fire -- SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(A), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(43), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 28: Repelling Force -- Rct-ResDam%(A), ShlWal-Def(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(37), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32: Inferno -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dmg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Mind Probe -- Hct-Dam%(A)
Level 41: Dominate -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(43), GldNet-Dam%(46), NrnSht-Dam%(46), NrnSht-Acc/EndRdx(46), GldJvl-Dam%(48)
Level 44: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Psychic Shockwave -- Obl-%Dam(A), Erd-%Dam(48), ScrDrv-Dam%(48), Arm-Dam%(50), Erd-Dmg(50), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Power Drain -- PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Opportunity 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

34 minutes ago, Wolfboy1 said:

Hmm...what would it take to get Fire Breath and Fire blast back in there?  I kinda like those two power choices or would it mess up the build to have them?

"Mess up the build" is pretty subjective.  While there are things I like in the build that was posted it isn't necessarily how I would go about it.  Does my opinion invalidate the other person's?  Nope, not at all.  Its just a matter of preference. 

If you prefer fly, then swap out Super Speed for it.  If you want Fire Blast and Fire Breath, then maybe consider dropping the Psychic Mastery powers for them.  Psychic Mastery is a great Epic set, but I hardly think it is necessary.  Fire already does significant damage among the Sentinel primaries.  Pushing damage further with heavily procced out Dominate isn't necessary for completing content in this game.  It is only necessary if all you care about is doing the highest possible damage in the current state of the game ("the meta"). 

I've solo'ed plenty of things with other Sentinel builds of mine that do not push bleeding edge damage.  No, they won't get a medal for pushing the fastest Pylon times but I can still handle AVs or +4/x8 missions just fine.  The major difference is that it will take me longer to solo these things than it would if I went hyper focused on damage.  I'm OK with that because in the end these are characters that I find fun to play, and that's all that matters to me.

Use the ideas of IO sets presented as a sort of fluid blueprint for your own build.  See how the bonuses interact with the powers.  Like Unbreakable Guard's 4pc set granting a high melee defense buff but also boosts smashing/lethal.  It's that smashing/lethal portion that has meaning here, but you could just as easily substitute that set with another. 

You said yourself that you just want some direction on where to go so use that info and play around in Mid's.  Don't feel ashamed to share and ask for pointers.  Just know you'll get an opinion from everyone that responds and that each opinion may be entirely different than the last.  In the end, it is your character so take advice with the grain of salt it deserves and build something you'd be happy with.

Edited by oldskool

2 hours ago, oldskool said:

"Mess up the build" is pretty subjective.  While there are things I like in the build that was posted it isn't necessarily how I would go about it.  Does my opinion invalidate the other person's?  Nope, not at all.  Its just a matter of preference. 

If you prefer fly, then swap out Super Speed for it.  If you want Fire Blast and Fire Breath, then maybe consider dropping the Psychic Mastery powers for them.  Psychic Mastery is a great Epic set, but I hardly think it is necessary.  Fire already does significant damage among the Sentinel primaries.  Pushing damage further with heavily procced out Dominate isn't necessary for completing content in this game.  It is only necessary if all you care about is doing the highest possible damage in the current state of the game ("the meta"). 

I've solo'ed plenty of things with other Sentinel builds of mine that do not push bleeding edge damage.  No, they won't get a medal for pushing the fastest Pylon times but I can still handle AVs or +4/x8 missions just fine.  The major difference is that it will take me longer to solo these things than it would if I went hyper focused on damage.  I'm OK with that because in the end these are characters that I find fun to play, and that's all that matters to me.

Use the ideas of IO sets presented as a sort of fluid blueprint for your own build.  See how the bonuses interact with the powers.  Like Unbreakable Guard's 4pc set granting a high melee defense buff but also boosts smashing/lethal.  It's that smashing/lethal portion that has meaning here, but you could just as easily substitute that set with another. 

You said yourself that you just want some direction on where to go so use that info and play around in Mid's.  Don't feel ashamed to share and ask for pointers.  Just know you'll get an opinion from everyone that responds and that each opinion may be entirely different than the last.  In the end, it is your character so take advice with the grain of salt it deserves and build something you'd be happy with.

I really do not recommend dropping the Psychic powers for the fire blast ones. 

Dominate is your hardest hitting single target power with all the procs it has...

Psychic Wail is the second hard hitting AOE in your rotation next to inferno with all the procs it has.

The skippable ones that you could "drop" without too much penalty are: 

Energy Drain (you will have to deal with energy usage at lower levels and most likely take ageless but it is what you probably would've taken anyways)

Assault (costs a chunk of your end, the +15% damage while it is great for a sentinel because it lost the buffs blasters do, could be skipped)

Edited by 33053222

14 hours ago, Wolfboy1 said:

Interesting...i will have to get rid of Flight and sub in the speed but that isnt necessarily a bad thing (unless vertical movement comes into effect) but I will deal. 

Get some Jetpacks from the P2W Vendor. Honestly, I never even take travel powers on my characters unless I want the power at the very bottom of the Power Pool ( Rune of Protection and Burnout mostly) for the build I am playing.

Between Ouro Portal and /enterbasefrompasscode, Ninja Run and Jetpacks are more than sufficient for my needs.

Edited by Seigmoraig