Earth/Fire Dominator Build Help!

spartan52

Hey everyone, wanting to create an Earth/Fire Dominator to run with. I am mainly going to be running this guy in Task Forces and trials. Basically want to do a ton of AOE in order to help the team. Could use some help with a good build. I have messed around in MIDS but struggle to make a good build and haven't found any earth/fire anywhere. I will keep working but thank you in advance for the help! I would post my build I made, but it is definitely laughable and know someone who knows what they are doing would just completely rework it.

I had an earth/fire back on live. It is a really good combo as earth is an excellent ranged control set and fire is of course extreme ranged damage. Stoney can hold a bit of aggro at times too. 

Not much else to offer aside from that. I'd probably focus on ranged defense after perma dom. 

Just now, Frosticus said:

I had an earth/fire back on live. It is a really good combo as earth is an excellent ranged control set and fire is of course extreme ranged damage. Stoney can hold a bit of aggro at times too. 

Not much else to offer aside from that. I'd probably focus on ranged defense after perma dom. 

Well thank you hopefully it works well. Honestly I never seem to find anything thats bad in City of Heroes, something I love about this game!

3 hours ago, spartan52 said:

Basically want to do a ton of AOE in order to help the team

Then /Fire is not the secondary you want. /Fire is manly a single target DPS build and lacks heavily in the AOE department. Fire breath is a narrow cone, Combustion looks good on numbers and stat sheets but it sucks. I've rarely ... actually I've never seen a single person who took combustion as an attack unless it was just for the set bonuses. 

Aoe you would be better of going /PSI or even /Earth is you are looking for aoe.  /Martial Assault also looks good with aoe. I guess you can make a naruto themed character from the Earth Village.

The good side if you're adamant about going fire the auxiliary pool gives you fire blast and rain of fire which are great choices from fire mastery. You have another good choice with Ice mastery and soul mastery. 

• Like 1