Wishlist: Story Arcs for all Hazard Zones

Yomo Kimyata

There is a bit of an Eden story arc, but it is redside and it is entirely instanced. It is given by the Mad Doctor (Verner von?) In the Grandville citadel.

I do like this idea, primarily because I crave an in-game explanation for the different groups fighting each other in zones like Boomtown and Eden.

I'd pencil those in right after my preference for story arcs and enemy groups to be added to Kallisti Wharf which is far too gorgeous to be so criminally underused. We know the doors there function because you can use tip missions in zone so its mainly a matter of finding the right story and the right outdoor mobs to fill it in.

Ideally I'd like to see both blue and red side arcs for Kallisti Wharf as it appears like its been laid out with a hero (bright and shiny) and villain (more industrial and run down) side to it already with the big tower and Statesman statue as neutral ground in the middle. Maybe something like the Peacebringer/Warshade arcs that started as separate stories then merged into a single arc for both.

I also don't think it needs to specifically follow the path that the original devs had laid out either (though it should flow from what's been set up obviously). I don't need an ever-scaling cosmic crisis where Well < Battalion < Dimensionless < Whatever the heck it was they were talking about as bigger than the Dimensionless was requires ever greater power creep.

Frankly, I think the Oncoming Storm would be better addressed not as a single big bad, but as a whole series of crises that pop out in close proximity to overwhelm the system. A not quite so epic Battalion would be one faction of that, but all the groups the i23-24 personal story missions showing off how various factions were getting incarnate upgrades leading to a "Perfect Storm" seems like something that would be more on scale to what our current dev team could tackle.