Consume and autohit

Vanden

Several sets have powers that let you recover endurance by attacking enemies around you, gaining endurance for each enemy hit. Of these powers, Consume in Fiery Aura is noticeably worse than the rest of them. I've put together a chart that shows how these powers compare to each other.

Radius (ft) Recharge (sec) End per enemy Autohit? Notes
Consume 20 180 20 No Gives -End resistance
Power Sink 10 60 25 Yes  
Energy Drain 12 60 25 Yes +Def per enemy hit
Energy Absorption 12 60 15 Yes +Def per enemy hit
Dark Consumption 8 180 25 No Not in an armor set
DNA Siphon 20 90 5 No Long list of other possible effects

As you can see, the only ones Consume compares favorably to are DNA Siphon in Bio Armor, and Dark Consumption in Dark Melee. DNA Siphon does a whole laundry list of effects besides recovering endurance, however, and Dark Consumption is the only one not in an armor set, meaning a character could potentially have DC and any of the other powers together. In other words, Consume is bottom of the barrel. It has triple the recharge of the powers it compares most directly to, and it needs an accuracy check to recover endurance, making it much worse for managing endurance. The things it gets in exchange for the triple recharge are meaningless damage, a tiny +Recovery buff that doesn't last nearly long enough to matter, a larger radius, and endurance drain resistance. From my experience with the other powers like Power Sink, the radius is not a big deal. It's easy to hit enough enemies to fill up your blue bar even with the smaller radii. The endurance drain resistance is nice, but the real killer of blue bars is -Recovery debuffs, so sapping enemies will still leave you gasping for breath, especially since Fiery Aura gives no defense buffs to make those attacks miss.

So, with all that said, the change I'm asking for for Consume is really very minor. Currently, the way the power works is that it's technically autohit, but only the end drain resistance is really autohit; the damage, +Endurance, and +Recovery still have a hidden accuracy check that goes unreported in the combat log. My request is to make the +Endurance and +Recovery also autohit, and leave only the damage needing the hidden accuracy check. That would bring it closer to the strength of its peers.

Edited by Vanden

6 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Unfortunately, since it does damage it won't be autohit 😕

12 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Currently, the way the power works is that it's technically autohit, but only the end drain resistance is really autohit; the damage, +Endurance, and +Recovery still have a hidden accuracy check that goes unreported in the combat log. My request is to make the +Endurance and +Recovery also autohit, and leave only the damage needing the hidden accuracy check.

• Thanks 1