Help Making a Vampire RP Group

Luminary

The dirt piles up as you lay in the makeshift grave, your body runs cold, your pulse begins to slow and above you all you can see are those hideous grinning faces outlined by the light of a full moon. "Oh God!" you manage to call out with your last living breath, only to be greeted by a chorus of laughter and an inhuman voice "He's abandoned you kid, welcome to the club." 

Greetings my name is Luminary and last night some friends and I were talking about possibly making a rp heavy villain group, inspired by things like "The Vampire Chronicles," "The World of Darkness," "Lost Boys," etc. focusing on a group of vampires who lurk the streets of the Rogue Islands. Possibly making use of a sire/fledgling system similar to the apprentice system that SWTOR rps like to use, since it doesn't seem like we'll be getting that WoD MMORPG anytime soon. 

Now here's the thing, while I have plenty of experience roleplaying, it seems I forgot everything about this game when it shut down all those years ago. Basically at this point all I know how to do is register a sg, I don't know how to build a base, how to run a sg, etc. So it was suggested I post here and see if I can get any help or interest with this idea. 

• Like 1

I'm moderately decent at base building, and have relatively well mastered even the 'build outside the bounds' method if you wanted an outdoors area around the base (though if you do accept my help/membership I'd probably need to work with someone else on the building if you did want an outside area and wanted the base itself to resemble a standard vampire haunt like a crypt or a Victorian mansion or something, because I'm not the greatest at building buildings from scratch, you can look at Club Valhalla (in my history, one of the threads I started, there's a base code to visit) for proof of that. I don't have a character who would fit in yet (I play mostly blueside, but could throw together a leech-themed villain), but if you could use my help, then I will.

47 minutes ago, OmegaX123 said:

I'm moderately decent at base building, and have relatively well mastered even the 'build outside the bounds' method if you wanted an outdoors area around the base (though if you do accept my help/membership I'd probably need to work with someone else on the building if you did want an outside area and wanted the base itself to resemble a standard vampire haunt like a crypt or a Victorian mansion or something, because I'm not the greatest at building buildings from scratch, you can look at Club Valhalla (in my history, one of the threads I started, there's a base code to visit) for proof of that. I don't have a character who would fit in yet (I play mostly blueside, but could throw together a leech-themed villain), but if you could use my help, then I will.

Well we can use all the help we can get, currently it's me and my friend, but I'll talk to him see what he had in mind. Right now I was thinking it'd like a club or an abandoned hang out, but whatever fits.

Right now we're going with a grove/coven of vampires, heavy rp and probably different bloodlines similar to WoD. Like some might be in touch with their more animal sides, others might command darkness, others can use hypnotism and mind control, etc. So if you think you can make it work, we're open to ideas, especially interesting ones.

15 minutes ago, Mistyr said:

I'm intrigued with the concept, but not good at base building!

Doesn't matter, we're looking for members regardless, heavy rpers who are into that kind of urban fantasy setting and have interesting character concepts.

3 hours ago, jollycooper473 said:

What are your regular playtimes? I know nothing about base building and all i know how to do in game is fire farm, so I would really like to find a villian side RP group to start up with!

Don't usually have any set playtimes, but usually later at night, after 9, in fact I'm logged in now. Don't worry we're looking for anyone.

56 minutes ago, biostem said:

I'd be interested in learning more about this;  Are you looking for particular powersets, ATs, playstyles?  Cheers!

Not really, we're open to all playstyles and characters as long as they make sense for them ^ ^

We've registered as "The Midnight Court" message me for an invite

Edited by Luminary
Update
  • Thanks 1

Hello. I'm the operator of the City of Darkness global channel, which is a global chat channel community for World of Darkness-related players. It's an OOC channel primarily used for allowing everyone who operates under the umbrella of WOD (old/new/v20/v5) to keep in contact, discuss character ideas, and reconnect with others that they may have played with within the previous community on Live. I also operate some IC chat channels, such as The Cobweb (Malkavian Madness Network), Amici Noctis (Lasombra), and SchreckNet (Nosferatu).

I have many VTM characters, most of which are either Sabbat or Anarch aligned, and most are single character SGs strictly so that I could build a base around a specific SG environment. Some Camarilla themed, such as one that serves as an Elysium, a Nosferatu underground sewer haven, the Tremere Chantry of the Rogue Isles. I also play some characters that are WTA and WTO themed, and plan on building bases fitting these settings also. Basically, since there's no upkeep cost anymore, I wanted to create lots of settings for various uses, and make them all public so that anyone could use them.

The City of Darkness is an public chat channel, so if you have any interest in joining in order to find others of like minded RP, please feel free to do so! I do plan on making a forum thread in the RP forum in order to catalog players, characters and settings (bases), so that our WOD universe here in COX can expand and be utilised by anyone interested.

Edited by Phoebus
  • Like 2

@LuminaryI sent you an in-game email (assuming your global handle is @Luminary), I tried to /t but I don't know if it went through because I didn't get any feedback from the game. I'm offline now, but after the weekend (I'm going to a friend's place for the weekend), if we cross paths in the Isles you can invite me if you so wish.

19 hours ago, OmegaX123 said:

@LuminaryI sent you an in-game email (assuming your global handle is @Luminary), I tried to /t but I don't know if it went through because I didn't get any feedback from the game. I'm offline now, but after the weekend (I'm going to a friend's place for the weekend), if we cross paths in the Isles you can invite me if you so wish.

No it's @Visionary 

Edited by Luminary

• 2 months later
  • 1 year later