"Go To" Mastermind/Pet Command Accuracy

BernardTheBeast

Hullo!

I took a break from CoH, and when I came back I discovered some Mastermind changes had taken place! Yay! At the same time, I noted that the "Go To" command for sending pets to specific places seems to have been altered in a negative way! Oh no!

At first I couldn't tell if it was just me, or lag, but recalling my earlier experiences, I'm rather convinced that this issue started occurring following the Mastermind changes that altered Pets' distancing when it comes to moving into melee, or staying at range. I hope others share their experiences, to better isolate when this issue started, and what the effects/solutions might be:

Fine Tuned Pet Movement using the 'Go To' command is a non-essential, but high value ability. It allows players to maneuver their pets in more complex ways, whether getting them in/out of rooms within the tight hallways of an Office tileset, place them around corners or in specific areas to avoid aggro, or even move them around for roleplaying purposes. 

The Accuracy of the Go To command seems significantly reduced now, as indicated by the screenshot mashup found in the Attached Files in this post.

If this is being addressed or fixed in the next update that's on Beta right now, awesome! If not, is it something that can be looked into?

Many thanks to all you developing staff who are continuing to build this game and make it better for us all. Cheers!

CoHHomecomingMastermindGoToIssue.jpg

Roleplayer of Brutes, Beasts, Monsters and Men

► Casual, Chill, Empathetic, Enthusiastic, Relaxed ◄

This issue has received a response in the Homecoming Discord:

---------------

Number Six: I think I know what's causing that, it's probably related to the area defense mode change.
Number Six: Just need to adjust the standoff distance and make the command reset things so it goes to the new spot even if it's within the acceptable movement radius
[...]
Number Six: I put it on my todo list

---------------

♥  Much love to ya'll Homecoming staff, crew and volunteers, for being so dedicated to the project and the community.  ♥ 

Roleplayer of Brutes, Beasts, Monsters and Men

► Casual, Chill, Empathetic, Enthusiastic, Relaxed ◄

• City Council

So, some good news. I went to go fix this, but before I did anything, fired up the latest development branch build to verify that the behavior was being caused by what I thought it was.

However, the ninjas I was using would always move to the new spot, even if it was only a couple of feet away. So it seems at least that the "area defense goto" change currently on beta actually fixes this problem, for melee pets at least, and checking the logic confirmed why this is the case. Demons should similarly work fine on beta already.

As expected, I was able to reproduce the behavior on Robots, since ranged pets still retain the current behavior. I had already been considering giving ranged pets the same movement area that melee pets get, and this seals the deal.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Number Six said:

As expected, I was able to reproduce the behavior on Robots, since ranged pets still retain the current behavior. I had already been considering giving ranged pets the same movement area that melee pets get, and this seals the deal.

As I only play bots...  What exactly does this mean?  What will change?

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

• City Council
5 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

As I only play bots...  What exactly does this mean?  What will change?

Not much for bots, since they tend to stand still most of the time anyway.

It means that if your bots are in Go To mode, and they need to attack an enemy that’s out of their range, and there are no other closer enemies they can attack instead, they’re allowed to reposition themselves no more than 30’ away from the “Go To” location in order to do that.