Strange Astro City Concepts

Hablaguy287

So I been reading this comic book lately many recommended for called Astro City, and let me tell you. It really gotten me interested despite the odd concepts. Like, how they made their Superman a 35th century hero blasted to the past to prevent human destruction, or Winged Victory being a troubled woman and was gifted with magical abilities, and so much more made me thinking.

What obscured and odd 'trippy' concepts can you guys think of to publish here to see what you would oddly create if you were in Astro City?

• Like 3

I really like their strange trippy concept of how they make them so vastly unique, example.

Instead of being Superman beside the whole "I'm a godly strong hero that many looks up.", He's a time-traveler from the 35th century with special energy manipulation that deals with issue getting the grip of the past.

Instead of being Wonder Woman, she's a troubled woman dealing with discriminations and disregard until she was gifted the powers by a goddess.

Instead of being Batman, he was a catholic priest who was attacked by a vampire nun who became a vampire himself and hidden inside the church for many years before finding a purpose to become a vigilante that confesses sins.

Hell, like other plenty characters. They all have strange concepts but so good.

That's why I wonder what would your strange concepts be if you made a character in Astro City?

None of the concepts for my characters are as good as the twists Busiek has put on famous Marvel/DC characters with Astro City (how awesome is Jack-in-the-Box! That guy rules!) because I'm absolutely terrible at coming up with creative ideas, but my most "out-there" character is probably my Dual Blades/Bio Armor Scrapper, Varuba.

Basically, he's a demon (though an insectoid-looking one rather than the classic devilish look because I am incapable of not making bug people) that was summoned and bound by the Circle of Thorns, and whilst helping them raid an occultist's library he found a copy of The Three Musketeers and read through it, became obsessed with it, and when eventually his patch of Oranbega got raided by heroes and the mage who summoned him got bopped and he was freed from the binding spell, he just chose not to disappear back to the Abyss and instead become a swashbuckling hero himself.
Like I said, terrible! Levelling him has made me go through the magic content though, which I usually avoid since I don't think it gels well with my usual Tech-based characters. Really enjoyed going through Croatoa with him.

Edited by Dreamboat

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

I've just realised that there is a Jack in the box story where he gets confronted with parallel universe versions of himself which is similar to my Kallistiverse idea where all the Kallistis are the same person but from different timelines caused by an accident the original Kallisti Gold had with a rogue portal generator being used by Crey.

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/