Transitioning to a Crab

Vea

I have T4'd my Bane and enjoyed doing it, but now I want a Crab. My bane build philosophy was pretty straight forward but I'm struggling to find out what is good or not for a crab. My build is a work in progress at the moment but i'd like to talk about a few powers and why or why they aren't picked.

My goals for the overall build is perma pets, perma hasten and softcapped positional. The build is also for endgame stuff. I guess my philosophy for a Crab is to enable pets to do the most damage by stacking -res as much as possible while trying to max out as much toxic and AoE damage by myself.

Wolf/Soldier powers

To avoid redraw, I assume it's better to avoid all wolf powers. 

Channelgun

I assume this is a forced pick. Does it get used in the attack chain?

Longfang

Is this normally a preference thing? Its DPA is lower than that of the melee powers. With that being said I wish to swap this for Toxic Dart from the beta server. Am I missing something blindly obvious in relation to longfang?

Aim

I'd like this, but double assault, musc and gaussians proc firing off I'm close to damage cap. I don't see it many builds either. Also with long cast time powers I don't really see it having much impact.

Suppression

This appears to be a good pick, but I can't fit it in as I wish to take both ranged arc powers from Leviathan.

Suppression Arctic Breath Bile Spray
Range 50 60 60
Arc 60 30 30
Damage/Cast 0.3707 0.3745 0.449
Damage type Energy Cold Toxic
Other notes   -15%res -res proc  

I think the toxic damage from bile spray, and the higher DPA beats suppression. I'd like some insight here if anyone has any, does the bigger arc make up for the lower damage? A side note a 3s cast time vs 2.67 doesn't sound like much but feels like an eternity!

Venom Grenade

Bread and butter and is essential for ST attack chains and AoE attack chains. Venom + Toxic dart is insane. Venom + Bile spray sounds fantastic.

Frag Grenade

A nice attack that i've used on my bane. +rech fires off pretty often here.

Frenzy

I can't fit this in and i've not seen many builds with it. But why? PBAoE attacks have some of the nicest IO sets. You could fit a -res proc here quite nicely. Higher DPA than Suppression and greater proc potential, but where is the love? 

Omega Maneuver

My personal playstyle wouldn't agree with this power. I've not heard great things to convince me otherwise. Not sure how good the taunt is?

The Defensive Powers

My intended picks would be CT:Defensive, TT:Maneuvers, TT:Assault, TT: Leadership, Mental Training, Fortification, Crab Spider upgrade. 

I'm unsure about Serum, I currently can't fit it in, but probably could if I take out Assault (from power pool). Does it need to be invested in heavily to be perma? Would it be used as a heal, or a bigger health pool? My issue here is not having enough slots.

The pets

How do you slot for them?! I'd take treble pets and would slot expedient reinforcement in all of them plus the defensive uniques. Where (or is) Soulbound Allegiance Build up best placed? 

Powerpools

Hasten, Superspeed, Maneuvers, Assault, Fighting treble and Experimentation (Toxic Dart). I like a travel power, it helps keeping up with the pace of the game. Beast run doesn't quite hit it for me.

Patron Powers

Leviathan here. Picking 4 out of 5 powers. School of Shark/Spirit Shark would not be invested in maybe a chance for hold in School of Sharks but I don't think i'd ever use it. Arctic Breath and Bile spray is the main reason for picking it.

Alpha

I'm going for musculature to squeeze out as much damage as possible. I can't fit that many procs so Agility would be beneficial for me.

Destiny

Barrier or Rebirth? I don't need more recharge but endurance does appear like it would be an issue especially when re summoning pets.

Hybrid

Support makes the most sense, however does assault double hit work for pets?

My thought here is Barrier + Double hit or Rebirth + Support.

Has anyone got clear evidence or strong feelings on what route is better?

Concluding thoughts

Venom Grenade, Arctic Breath, Achilles Heal, Annihilation creates -res of -67%(?) and 87% to toxic is the main reason why I want to make this build. I'm interested in seeing what you guys think, as my thought process may be flawed.

Please share your thoughts and your builds! I'll post mine once i'm happy with it and done some testing.

Are there any silly ticks and trips available?

@Vea/@Vae/@Vew - You can call me V.

I will comment on a couple of your early powers for the time being.

I avoided all Soldier attacks.

I use Longfang, simply because I hate having to run after mobs to make melee attacks to finish them off. My build's big melee attack is the patron Mace attack, but otherwise it is all range for my Crab.

The arc of Suppression is wonderful.

I have Frenzy, but I really only use it in two cases. The first is when melee mobs are actually around me (this is uncommon because of positioning for range attacks). The second is when I am focusing fire on a ranged Target but something has wandered close enough to be hit by Frenzy when I get a break in the attack chain.

My Crab has permahasten and I have made sure that the pet recharge is just under the pet duration. This makes them 'perma' (if they live) but I like having the timer tell me how much time they have left.

The main issue my build has is that the positional Defenses are all in the mid 30s

Here is the build I am currently playing. I got it originally from a user name Omega-202 and modified it to suit my needs/playstyle.

Not sure yet how good Toxic Dart is from the new power pool so I can't comment too much on it's viability as a replacement for Longfang. While Longfang's DPA is lower than the melee attacks, the time you will waste going in and out of melee range ( since you need to position somewhat for your cone attacks ) would cancel any dps gain you might have had.

As to taking both Arctic Breath and Bile spray, I would advise against it since you will actually have too many cones that you won't be able to effectively use them all. With a permahaste build, both rotations I have listed here are very tight, there is no downtime in the rotations so adding 2 other cone powers would be redundant.
Channelgun is a lot worse than Mu Lightning in the damage department, as such I only use it as a set mule and when I exemplar. Not sure how Spirit Shark holds up compared to Mu Lightning but it is a good idea to replace Channelgun in your rotation since it is very weak. I can only speak for Mu Lightning but it is significantly stronger and has a split second animation.

My Single Target rotation is :
Venom Grenade > Mu Lightning > Longfang > Mu Lightning    (When Exemplaring just replace Lightning with Channelgun)
AoE Rotation is :
Venom Grenade > Frag Grenade > Suppression

For Incarnate slots:

Alpha slot is Musculative (obviously!).
I went with Barrier with the Ally Rez option for added team utility in the Destiny Slot, 
With my Hybrid slot I went with Support for the endu discount which helps a lot when summoning pets since it's really the only time my end bar has trouble.
I chose the Arachnos Lore slot simply for thematical purposes
Cryonic Judgement slot for the cone since I'm usually positioning myself for Suppression in the first place

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Crab Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Crab Spider Training
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Channelgun -- SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(37), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(37), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 1: Crab Spider Armor Upgrade -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 2: Longfang -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), GldJvl-Dam%(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg(5), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), TchofLadG-%Dam(9)
Level 4: Assault -- EndRdx(A)
Level 6: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(9)
Level 8: Suppression -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(11), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(11), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), PstBls-Dam%(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(15)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(15), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(17), RedFrt-Def(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(19)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(23), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 16: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 18: Frag Grenade -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(27), Ann-Acc/Dmg(27), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Ann-ResDeb%(29), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 22: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39)
Level 26: Fortification -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33), StdPrt-ResKB(33)
Level 28: Serum -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36), LucoftheG-Def(36)
Level 32: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Summon Spiderlings -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 38: Call Reinforcements -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(43), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(43), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 41: Mu Lightning -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg(45), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Electrifying Fences -- Acc-I(A)
Level 47: Summon Striker -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(50), EdcoftheM-PetDef(50)
Level 49: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Conditioning
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(46), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Support Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Warworks Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany
------------
------------

• Like 1

Ditto to Seig's comment.  

Arctic Breath is great, but you definitely don't need 5-6 AoEs between (in my personal ranking of value) Venom, Frag, Arctic, Suppression, Bile and Heavy Burst.  Pick 3 (maybe 4 if you're taking Artic and Bile) and you should be good to chain them.   The limiting factor ends up being animation time, not recharge.   I like exemplaring so I do Venom, Frag and Suppression and can chain them on loop.  If you only play at 50, then you can drop Suppression and replace with the Leviathan powers.

For single targets, there's 2 schools of thought: 1) go gun attacks for the faster animations, but you have to deal with constant redraw, or 2) use Longfang, Venom and a PPP attack (Mu or Gloom).  I haven't tested Toxic Dart, but while it sounds decent on paper, especially with the Venom grenade debuff, the DoT sounds like a bit of a pain.  Plus, Longfang is an absolute proc monster power and I wouldn't trade it.  Achilles, Gladiator, and Lady Grey + 3 other IOs to max damage and acc gives you a solid attack that takes advantage of its longer animation by giving you a higher proc chance than similar, faster attacks.  

My build can be found at the link below as the second recommended build:

EDIT:  VERY IMPORTANT

If you are making this build as an alt build of your Bane, please be aware that as soon as you pick a single Crab power in any of your Bane's alt builds, that character will have permanent spider legs on its back, even when Bane specced.  There is no undoing this and no way to ever get rid of the legs on that character.  Please be sure this is something you are ok with.  Otherwise, roll an alt instead and don't make the Crab build an alt of your Bane.  

Edited by Omega-202

Thanks for your thoughts guys!

I've done some testing and hit ~550dps on a pylon which was nice. I can now echo the Leviathan pick. It's not needed, and actually becomes a hindrance on the build, the cones are extremely end-heavy and has been my sole issue with this build. Overall though the build was unplayable..

Toxic dart is great, it's super fast recharge and superfast cast.  Gloom is a little bit better in isolation but with Venom-nade it's considerably better imo. The DoT is similar and you can take it at level 4 rather than 35. 

On paper I can't justify suppression. The only saving grace I can see is the Achilles heel which should proc frequently on groups of mobs.

ST attack chain becomes: 

Venom > Toxic Dart > Mu Lightning* > Toxic Dart

AoE attack chain becomes:

Venom > Frag > Lightning Ball > (maybe fences/frenzy/suppression if I can be sold on it)

*Not sure if procc'd out Longfang would be better than Mu Lightning. But would spare me a power pick..

39 minutes ago, Vea said:

On paper I can't justify suppression. The only saving grace I can see is the Achilles heel which should proc frequently on groups of mobs.

I have Suppression 6-slotted with Annihilation, which includes a -Res proc. This wasn't my first choice for this set, but it is what I ended up using.

2 hours ago, Vea said:

(maybe fences/frenzy/suppression if I can be sold on it)

I'd have to try with Ball Lightning in the build, it's in interesting power for sure. What I like about Suppression is how wide it is, it DOES take a while to animate but I never get tired of looking at it since it looks AWESOME. While Ball Lightning has is weak ass animation, it sure is faster. Other glaring problem with using BL instead of Sup would be when exemplaring I would be completely out one AoE power which would be pretty bad. If you don't exemp, then fine but if you do it would be pretty game breaking to get rid of Sup.

Fences is also a lot faster animation and can possibly fit in more procs (not 100% sure since I don't know Proc-Fu) but from what I see on my fire farmer, the damage is significantly lower than Suppression. I actually have Fences in my build as a pre-req for the Mu Striker pet but I rarely use it since it isn't slotted. But the exemp problem still exists with this one.
Frenzy is meh as best since you are wasting time running into melee range instead of doing damage with your ranged powers

Edited by Seigmoraig
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vea said:

Thanks for your thoughts guys!

I've done some testing and hit ~550dps on a pylon which was nice. I can now echo the Leviathan pick. It's not needed, and actually becomes a hindrance on the build, the cones are extremely end-heavy and has been my sole issue with this build. Overall though the build was unplayable..

Toxic dart is great, it's super fast recharge and superfast cast.  Gloom is a little bit better in isolation but with Venom-nade it's considerably better imo. The DoT is similar and you can take it at level 4 rather than 35. 

ST attack chain becomes: 

Venom > Toxic Dart > Mu Lightning* > Toxic Dart

AoE attack chain becomes:

Venom > Frag > Lightning Ball > (maybe fences/frenzy/suppression if I can be sold on it)

*Not sure if procc'd out Longfang would be better than Mu Lightning. But would spare me a power pick..

Ball lightning is definitely a solid pick.  I have an SG mate who runs it over Suppression and it works fine, but it leaves a gap in the AoE chain due to the longer recharge.  He also doesn't exemplar as well because of the lack of Suppression at lower levels.

I am curious about Toxic Dart now that its available on test, but I am struggling to figure out what I'd drop to take it.  Speed and Leadership are necessary pool picks.  Fighting is pretty important to my build as well.  I would need to drop Stealth, find another LoTG mule and probably would want to grab Super Speed for the other half stealth.  

I wonder how much swapping Longfang for dart gets you in the long run, especially when you can't slot -Def procs (Achilles and Lady Grey, also Shield Breaker if you want) in Toxic Dart.  Would need to do some testing to compare.  

Here are some comparisons between powers:

ST Powers:

Spoiler
  Longfang Mu Lightning Toxic Dart Gloom
Base Damage 91.2 73.41 88.66 97.84
Cast Time 2s 1.17 1.06 1.1
Expected proc rate* 58.33% 59.33% 41.1% 76.42%
Expected damage** 133.051 115.9793 111.4616 138.79
Dam/Cast (DPA)

99.1275 111.4616*** 138.79

* Based on 0% recharge and 3.5ppm proc.

**based on 1 proc being slotted with 0% recharge. 

***This is before the additional 20% from venom!

AoE Powers

Spoiler
  Fences Suppression L-Ball Frenzy Dark Oblit
Base Damage 44.48 61.86 56.68 87.86 50.05
Cast time 1.17 3 1.07 2.5 1
Expected proc rate* 58.11% 44.33% 71.78% 69.08% 71.63%
Expected Damage**

93.66 108.18 137.42 101.445
Dam/Cast 73.65 31.22 101.104 54.96 101.445

* Based on 0% recharge and 3.5ppm proc.

**based on 1 proc being slotted with 0% recharge. 

I added dark to the comparison just because. Gloom is just so good, and dark oblit is just as good!

I don't exemplar either, if I did I guess I got my bane to fall back on if needs be because that toon does exemplar pretty well.

Based on the experience you've mentioned is that if you rely on just ball lightning you'll have gaps in the AoE chain, then fences seems appropriate and given that its better than suppression makes sense.

The dilemma now is procs. The native powers have the best proc opportunities, then Soul and then finally Mu. 

3 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

Frenzy is meh as best since you are wasting time running into melee range instead of doing damage with your ranged powers

I'm keeping it on the table because it means we get access to PBAoE sets. Specifically Fury of the Gladiator. I also feel like pets are rubbish until you get into melee range so you gotta be in melee range so you might aswell pick up a melee power right?

2 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

I wonder how much swapping Longfang for dart gets you in the long run, especially when you can't slot -Def procs (Achilles and Lady Grey, also Shield Breaker if you want) in Toxic Dart.  Would need to do some testing to compare.  

For me it's a matter of swapping Mu Lightning out over Toxic Dart. I like the way you've slotted it.

Another dilemma is Suppression and its Arc and Range. Boosting for range on arcs is extremely good and doesn't impact proc potential. 

• Like 1

Based on your Toxic Dart math, triple proc Longfang is about the same DPA as single proc TD (108 vs 111), before accounting for the extra toxic damage bonus.  That is an interesting comparison, because that could save 2 slots for use elsewhere, or it can let you slot TD for bonuses instead of Frankenslots.

Regarding Suppression, yes, its DPA is terrible, but its coverage is pretty absurd, especially with some range enhancement.  And the -Def on it (and Longfang) are definitely helpful when it comes to letting the pets land their attacks.  Spiderlings at -4, even with solid Acc enhancement and with TTL running, are pretty bad shots on certain enemy groups.  Suppression spam definitely helps in that regard.  

And speaking of the pets, I dont find that being in melee is useful, necessary or recommended.  I find its better to stay back a bit and then let them start their assault after I've taken the alpha.  By that point, the mob is headed towards me and they'll start engaging as the enemies get closer.  Running into melee guarantees the Spiderlings are eating AoEs and may not survive to help focus fire the bosses when the rest of the mob is dead, which is their main value in my opinion.  I don't need their help wiping the minions and Lts, they're usually taken out in the first or second AoE cycle.  The pets are more for boss mop up. 

2 hours ago, Vea said:

Gloom

Wow Gloom really is good, I will have to look into switching up Mu for Soul to try it out. It also offers access to Darkest Night instead of Fences as a pre-req power for the pet at the end.
Interesting ! Thanks for that breakdown

I'll probably wait until Toxic Dart comes out to try it all out at the same time. It's at times like this when I wish it didn't take 30 mins to do a respec !!!

1 hour ago, Omega-202 said:

because that could save 2 slots for use elsewhere

I could totally see myself putting one of those slots into Stamina for the new 15% run speed buff from Synapse's Shock

Edited by Seigmoraig

31 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Wow Gloom really is good, I will have to look into switching up Mu for Soul to try it out. It also offers access to Darkest Night instead of Fences as a pre-req power for the pet at the end.
Interesting ! Thanks for that breakdown

I'll probably wait until Toxic Dart comes out to try it all out at the same time. It's at times like this when I wish it didn't take 30 mins to do a respec !!!

I could totally see myself putting one of those slots into Stamina for the new 15% run speed buff from Synapse's Shock

It's possible now on the beta, copy your spider over and change it up.

1 hour ago, Omega-202 said:

Regarding Suppression, yes, its DPA is terrible, but its coverage is pretty absurd, especially with some range enhancement.  And the -Def on it (and Longfang) are definitely helpful when it comes to letting the pets land their attacks.  Spiderlings at -4, even with solid Acc enhancement and with TTL running, are pretty bad shots on certain enemy groups.  Suppression spam definitely helps in that regard.  

The area this power can cover is somewhat convincing me. Slotting just one Dam/Range from Posi increases the area covered by 80ft. +5 the dam range adds another 10ft. Using intuition radial adds a whopping 140ft of area covered. (I'm basing this of area of a segment). I think this means each cast will hit the target cap providing there is enough critters.

35 minutes ago, Vea said:

The area this power can cover is somewhat convincing me. Slotting just one Dam/Range from Posi increases the area covered by 80ft. +5 the dam range adds another 10ft. Using intuition radial adds a whopping 140ft of area covered. (I'm basing this of area of a segment). I think this means each cast will hit the target cap providing there is enough critters.

That has been my experience using it with just the one Posi slot.  During MSRs, when I get some random Clarions hitting me, Suppression starts hitting a solid chunk of the whole bowl.  

EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POST:

I also did some napkin math and with 66% Acc slotted + 10% toHit from TTL, Spiderlings are only hitting +4 enemies (without any defense or -tohit from the target) ~80% of the time.  With 1 application of Longfang or Suppression to the enemy, their accuracy jumps to ~90%.  Thats a pretty significant bump in their damage.  

Edited by Omega-202

7 hours ago, Vea said:
8 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

This is now my "go to" slotting for any damaging cone attack such as Heavy Burst (Huntsman) or Suppression (Crab) that does Defense Debuffing.

HamiO: Centriole Exposure (+2 Dam/Range)
HamiO: Centriole Exposure (+2 Dam/Range)
Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range: Level 50+5
Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27

Annihilation - Chance for Resistance Debuff: Level 20

Achilles' Heel - Chance for Resistance Debuff: Level 10

Heavy Burst: Achilles' Heel (3.5PPM), Annihilation (3PPM)

• 3.5 * ((12 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 2.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 50 * (11 * 30 + 540) / 30,000))) = 40.99%
  • 3.0 * ((12 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 2.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 50 * (11 * 30 + 540) / 30,000))) = 35.14%

Suppression: Achilles' Heel (3.5PPM), Annihilation (3PPM)

• 3.5 * ((16 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 3) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 50 * (11 * 60 + 540) / 30,000))) = 44.33%
  • 3.0 * ((16 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 3) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 50 * (11 * 60 + 540) / 30,000))) = 38.00%

Suppression features a longer recharge (16s vs 12s) and animation time (3s vs 2.67s) which then helps counterbalance the reduction in proc chances due to Suppression having a 60º cone angle rather than the 30º cone angle of Heavy Burst.

Being able to stack resistance debuffing like that, on top of what Venom Grenade is doing, leads to some "rip roaring" success stories ... especially if you can use Heavy Burst/Suppression rapidly and quickly due to high global recharge buffing.  I'm working on a rewrite of my Huntsman build that gets Heavy Burst down under 6s of recharge with NO HASTEN just from global recharge buffing with the above slotting that has no recharge reduction(!) in it prior to incarnates.

Note that this slotting yields a throughput performance of 77.98ft of cone radius (a +55.96% after ED increase) starting from a 50ft base cone radius, before adding any incarnate slotting into the mix.  Makes it REALLY EASY to use with 80ft ranged single target attacks ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.