Anyone have experience with Ice/Elec/?

Draeth Darkstar

Just from eying the numbers, Ice/Electric seems like it could be pretty solid, with Freeze Ray, Bitter Ice Blast, Charged Brawl, and Shocking Grasp all having >100 DPA at level 50. It's been an age and a half since I picked up a Blaster, though, so I'm wondering if it's realistic to put together a build with the recharge to make that attack chain work and the defenses to actually make use of it safely.

I'm guessing if I tried this, Mace Mastery would be the way to go for Scorpion Shield? I also worry that there won't be much AoE available to this combo, though.

Curious if anyone's gotten good results from it?

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

It'll be like fire/elec but more control. Take ice storm and you will be ok in the AoE department. Despite conventional wisdom about DPA and animation times take thunderstrike. You take it for the damage and the Mass KD, the latter can be used with Force of Thunder to chain KD mobs. Slot the KD proc and the FF proc in both thunderstrike and force of thunder. You'll sacrifice a little AoE but you'll be better at locking down hard targets that are immune to KB/KD like the zeus titans. Like my fire/elec you will have end issues with your high dpa chain so don't skip powersink.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

On 3/10/2020 at 10:46 AM, Draeth Darkstar said:

Just from eying the numbers, Ice/Electric seems like it could be pretty solid, with Freeze Ray, Bitter Ice Blast, Charged Brawl, and Shocking Grasp all having >100 DPA at level 50. It's been an age and a half since I picked up a Blaster, though, so I'm wondering if it's realistic to put together a build with the recharge to make that attack chain work and the defenses to actually make use of it safely.

I'm guessing if I tried this, Mace Mastery would be the way to go for Scorpion Shield? I also worry that there won't be much AoE available to this combo, though.

Curious if anyone's gotten good results from it?

I looked at ice/elec before deciding to build my fire/energy blapper and it was a coin toss between the two.   No question, what you're proposing is doable and will be a ton of fun.  I aim for 45% smash/lethal defense and 45% ranged defense, plus as much regen as I can squeeze out for survival.  This has worked well for me.  

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

7 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

The only thing that irks me about /elec is that you have to wait until 35 for your endurance recovery ability meanwhile other blasters get theirs in the teens/20

Not in front of mids or the game at the minute for the proper name of it but the sustain is built into the handclap ability you get at 20.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, parabola said:

Not in front of mids or the game at the minute for the proper name of it but the sustain is built into the handclap ability you get at 20.

Man, I did not notice that.  might have to reroll my elec/energy blaster

_

Yep, the tier2 and 4 punches feel so much better and a KB to KD in Force of Thunder

Edited by kelika2
yep