Storylines

CKent83

So, I'm new to the game, and I've got a few (hundred, altitis hits me hard) characters that I'm playing. I'm wondering if there's a storyline guide or something like that. Like, is there a list of quests that take you through the game, or is it just little quest lines that end up with meeting a new contact?

Also, I know DfB is the earliest TF, but is there a quest for it? Positron 1&2 are next, right? Is there a list somewhere for a 1-50 Hero side questline? What about Villains?

If there aren't quest lines that go from 1-50, then what are the good ones I shouldn't miss out on? Thanks in advance!

A good place to start. Also, you can use the portal in Ouroboros or a similar item placed in your base will let you do a large number of arcs you have passed.

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

There are a bazillion paths through the game.  Which is a GOOD thing, this gives you options to make each character's journey different.  You can hit the Task Forces first, or not until 50.  Entirely up to you.  I personally have never done a DfB and I mostly doubt that I ever will, because I prefer to level somewhat slowly compared to most.

Some contacts will stop giving you missions as you level, but any and all content you outlevel in this manner can be accessed again via Ouroborus (the single best thing ever added to the game).

Therefore, you never really "miss out" on content.  And you don't have to wait until 50 to hit Ouroborous and do earlier content.  Safeguards/Mayhems can also be done if you "missed" them the first time around though, blueside, you need the Villain Disruptor badge, and redside you need the Hero Slayer badge to unlock the ability to do the ones you missed. Well worth it imho, I love Safeguards and Mayhems.

I will say, some of the best story arcs I've seen, have been Goldside (Praetoria).  If story arcs are your thing, treat yourself to them. Just be aware that Praetoria kicks it up a few notches compared to the rest of the starter zones, and there are fewer players (generally) in Praetoria.  You can team there, but it's much rares.  So I would pick my AT / Powersets planning that I might need to solo in Praetoria.  Also, in Praetoria the story arc breakpoints are 10, 15, 20, so you might want to turn off XP (temporarily) at 9, 14, and 19, until you've done all the arcs you intend to at that level range on that character. 

The Praetoria arcs ARE available in Ouroborous as well, but I think they're best experienced levelling up as a Preatorian. You also get the option to do "undercover" work for the other faction that way, which you do not get if you just use Ouro.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The wiki is helpful in this regard.  The page I use most regularly is the contact by level page:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:Contacts_By_Level

Once you get familiar with this, you can use it to see everything that is available to your character at any level.  But if you miss anything essential, Ouroboros is your friend.  Every story arc & badge mission is available through Ouro & your characters can flashback & experience what they missed on the first run.

• Thanks 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

This seems like a good starting place.  Note, at the bottom are links to hero arcs and villian arcs.  Click around and you'll find the Task Forces listed as well.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Story_Arc

• Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I would suggest soloing, unless you really enjoy organizing PUGs (who generally are grumpy when dragged through someone elses story arcs...PUGs are grumpy beasts) 

When you solo you can explore the storylines yourself.  Better than any "resource" is doing.  There are a bazillion strategies for this.  You can do "COMPLETIONIST!"  Must do every story, every side mission, from every contact until they say go away I have nothing, shutting off experience to do so.  Or...taking your alts and calmly leveling them through different arcs as you gain levels.  Relaxing, new, and you earn merits and learn the lore. Or...do a lot (not all) of the story arcs in the game through Ouroboros.  Again, earning Merits, experience, and the lore.  But in a less constrained fashion. Or....a Bazillion -3 other ways. 

• Like 1