Staff Fighting, female run animation while holding staff

RikOz

I've noticed that, when my female Staff Fighting scrapper runs while holding her staff, she appears to be using the male run animation.

Given that Staff Fighting never made it to live, I'm going to hazard a guess that the basic animations were developed for the male model and they ran out of time for tweaking them for females before the shutdown. Anything you guys can do with it?

(For those who haven't noticed, there's a basic difference between the way men and women run - and walk, for that matter. Men's legs swing more or less straight forward, but women's legs swing forward and inward a bit, so that they're almost planting one foot in front of the other. This is both in-game and in real life, and it's simply a mechanical function of a woman's wider hips.)

7 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Staff Fighting was on live.

It was? I totally don't remember it, and could swear I read that it was activated for the revival.

5 hours ago, EmmySky said:

The same happens with any female toon holding any weapon, even blackwand.  Bugs me so ESC is my 'put the weapon away and run like a girl' button.

Yeah, the animation always changes when holding weapons, but for some reason it seems much more blatant/pronounced with a staff. It could be because holding the staff in both hands prevents the arms from swinging independently, but the run doesn't look nearly as bad with a rifle (I have two female AR toons and one female Beam Rifle toon). But yeah, I totally do the "ESC" thing to "fix" the running.

Edited by RikOz

15 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Yep, Staff Fighting was a premium power set added in Issue 22.

Huh, that could be it then. I was a VIP subscriber and purchased a lot of superpacks to unlock costume pieces, but I don't think I ever bought a powerset.