Command to invite offline character into a supergroup (exists: /altinvite)

It would be useful to have a command to invite an offline character into a supergroup.

I suspect that there may be a fiddly technical reason why that's difficult to do, and the current workaround is relatively trivial to perform, but it would make life easier for those who want to have a supergroup with only one player in it.

The current workaround is to either invite someone you trust into your supergroup temporarily, and get them to invite your alts into the supergroup, and then remove their character, or to create a second account just to invite characters in your first account into your supergroup.

Edit: attempt to change the thread title

I heard a rumor that "/altinvite PlayerName" or something similar existed in I25/Homecoming, but I haven't had the opportunity to test it myself. Try it out, and let me know, or maybe someone that knows more can pipe up.

I'm out.

You can invite your alts using /altinvite charactername

If you're trying to invite someone else, I'm not sure.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

/altinvite name does work. It's now very easy to make your own base and fill it with stuff to share for all your characters. As long as the one doing the invite has permission to invite they will be in the SG once they log in without having to accept.

• 2 years later

Open you launcher open your  account with the leader of your sg log that toon in and follow these steps !.open your options and look under Graphics, Screen/UI Resolution, select windowed. apply that then

relog your toon, you will see the browser interface make sure the toon has permission to invite to your Sg....   Then....

Open a second instance of the launcher and log in your second account and the toon you wish to invite ....make sure that toon has been promoted

to have permission to invite to sg as well ... After that you can  simply ...change your option back to your preferred Screen Resolution and log off and back in.... wa la

You now have toons on both account in the sg and both can invite alts on their onw account to join the sg by typing .../altinvite (name). solved 🙂

• Thumbs Down 1