Very Dark Gamma Using Cloud Computer

slm020

Hi,

I currently run CoH using a cloud computer, therefore I believe it uses screen mirroring to send the image to my laptop. Because of this the gamma settings don't work at all and there's no way to increase the brightness and so dusk and night time is near impossible to see. Is there a fix for this, or do I just need to wait until day time comes around and not do any of the darker missions. It seems that there's not been a fix anywhere for dual screen monitors and most people have reverted to a single screen set up, but I don't have that option.

Thanks

• Game Master

We can only assist with issues concerning the CoH Client itself.  You would need to consult the support or documentation on your remote software for further options.

For best performance, we recommend using your own hardware to play City of Heroes.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

• 4 months later

So the trick was to adjust the gamma on the primary PC each time before started the cloud computer and running CoH from there - just in case anyone else has the same issue.

On Windows 10 its's called Calibrate Display Colour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slm020 said:

So the trick was to adjust the gamma on the primary PC each time before started the cloud computer and running CoH from there - just in case anyone else has the same issue.

On Windows 10 its's called Calibrate Display Colour.

That was going to be basically what my suggestion would have been as it's the Only thing you have control of. That or the monitor's manual color settings in the hardware menu.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)