A guide to things to do in CoH/CoV, sorted by level

thunderforce

Back on live around issue 16 I wrote two guides - Things to do in City of Heroes and Things to do in City of Villains - intended for experienced players wanting a quick reference to possible story arcs, badge missions, accolades, and task forces/trials that can be done in particular level ranges. They were getting a bit out of date (for example, you don't now have to worry about getting your two Stamina pre-requisites in before 20...) and I've just updated them for Homecoming. I suspect there are at least some errors and omissions (the update was just based on issue patch notes on the Wiki, the SCORE patch notes, and things I've noticed while playing) and I welcome corrections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

Thanks for doing this.  Sorry to be a kvetch, but... I don't suppose it would be too much to ask for some minimal HTML formatting to make it a bit easier to read?  It's not quite a wall of text, but it's pretty dang close.  Thanks!

• Like 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Oh! Nice that you have a CoV version, I've been looking for some stuff to do redside.

"We're out of options, I'll have to use the jetpack," I said, strapping on the jetpack and ignoring the many non-jetpack options still left.

Having trouble deciding your next alt? Just need a cool name? Try out City Suggests

Looking for powers data? Try the Powers API

Added Fields, Costel, Thierry; I'd forgotten Habashy starts a mini-arc.

Minimum level for Summer Blockbuster is, I'm told, 15.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

For completeness, I've added a list of things only incarnates can do (well, sort of, it starts with Mender Ramiel who now also ends the CoH/CoV lists). I've not done this stuff so I even more invite corrections.

• 1 month later

Added the four Issue 17 Dark Mirror arcs. I wonder what else I'm missing?

On 4/5/2020 at 10:21 AM, Rathulfr said:

Thanks for doing this.  Sorry to be a kvetch, but... I don't suppose it would be too much to ask for some minimal HTML formatting to make it a bit easier to read?  It's not quite a wall of text, but it's pretty dang close.  Thanks!

Agreed.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

On 5/28/2020 at 5:54 AM, Doc_Scorpion said:

Agreed.

Well, a reasonable person deserves a reply, so: I regret to say I am not going to do that. I find the document quite adequate as plain text; it's a reference document, not some light reading, and as such I don't mind that it looks like a giant list of stuff, because it _is_ a giant list of stuff. I would no more expect fancy formatting to break up a telephone directory. It is also enormously easier to maintain as plain text rather than HTML.

Edited by thunderforce