Stalker Ranged Primary Power

Ingram

So there has been talk, rumor, and innuendo here and there of a possible Ranged Stalker Primary Pool similar to a sniper.  So I was kind of 

imaginering it out and looking at existing powers in the pool to see how it may fit together...  This is whole My concept not from the Devs but would like to submit it to them to review and 

use as they see fit even if its just to trash it.   lol...

Assassin Sniper    (concept Ranged Stalker primary power) Weapon skin (similar to beam rifle)

1: Snap Shot
    Short range, rapid recharge, 3 rapid shot. with Min dmg.

2: Body shot
    Med range, Med recharge, single shot with Med dmg.

3: Sniper Shot 
    Standard Sniper shot, Med Recharge, Regular range, Single shot High dmg.

4: Head shot  (Ranged Assasins Strike)
    Assassins Strike stile ranged hit, Long range, Long recharge, Single Extreme Dmg.

5: Hold Breath 
    Increase Acc, Increase Chance to hit, med recharge.

6: Ranged Placate
    Flash blind target to hide and break agro.  (also Interrupt) (Quick Recharge if in Hide)

7: Armor Piercing (Power Boost)
    Greatly increases all secondary effects of powers.  Inc Dmg, Inc Chance to hit.

8: Boost Range
    Use power to increase range of next few powers.  Recharge Slow.

9: Explosive Ammo (PBAOE Explosive dmg)
    Ranged shot for a large PBAOE explosive blast at target.  Effect up to 10 in area.

Any stalker Secondary should work fine with this build. (similar to Sentinel concept)

So An Assassins Strike equivalent chain would be Boost Range, Hold Breath, Head shot.  (for maximum Dmg effect from Hide)

This can be used as an opening strike for a team moving to spike, or a life saving shot to save a teammate about to die.  The Ability to Range Placate allows you to act as the blinder to a tanks initial attack or interrupt an attack from happening as its being cast from an Elite Boss, all from a sidekick range.  Designed to be a unique support role for a normally solo tanking power pool.

Yes This would be overpowered in PvP and would need a lot of balancing for that aspect, but for PvE, Missions, Strike Forces and Incarnates, which is the majority of the game, this would be a truly unique pool that actually had a great use for teams.   Especially with the interrupt ability at range.  Imagine being able to interrupt Tyrants Hammer of Justice in Magisterium as he is casting it, knocking him down instead?  Of course you couldn't do that all the time but doing so at the right time would really help the team and its only a chance for after all...    Still that kind of use for this power would be awesome.  Same with Spike teams having the head shot be the initial caller shot for the rest of the team to attack a single hard target or group.

Thanks for your time.

=HT=Ingram.

HAZTEAM, Inherant Chaos, Torchbearer.

I build my */Devices Blasters as "ranged Stalkers".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

14 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

I build my */Devices Blasters as "ranged Stalkers".

This is good.  Could also do this with the ninja blaster secondary.

I'm not a fan of the ranged stalker primary though.

Tbh Stalkers are in a great place right now as long as you pick one of the newer primaries (or elec)

• Like 1