Ranged Defense Bug?

BlackSpectre

8 minutes ago, BlackSpectre said:

There's something odd going on with Ranged Defense. Is there a way I can test it?

You mean, like on the test servers, where you can create/equip any level character with any enhancements you like?

Or do you mean by just finding some mobs that will attack you from range?  I recommend Nemesis Tirailleurs for that.  Do the second mission of the Signature Story Arc in Steel Canyon (the first mission is merely convincing Positron you're serious).  It's an AP map that's chock full of tirailleurs.

In fact, I just did that mission (repeated 4 times, so I could get the Fake Nemesis badge) on my Energy/Devices Blaster, who has soft-capped ranged defense, and I didn't notice anything broken with ranged defense.  I barely got hit most of the time as I hover-blasted everything from above.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

• 3 weeks later

Ok. Thanks. What I'm noticing is that mobs are hitting me way more than they used to. I'm at 47% defense. So I was wondering if it's just RNG or if something is amiss? It's been pretty consistent. And if something is broken in the game how would I test it?

The combat tab shows all of the chances to hit and the "dice rolled" in order to determine hits and misses. Not that not every attack at range is Ranged - some are AOE, and some (rare) attacks are autohit or don't have the Ranged position type.

As an aside this kind of comment does come up often since we most certainly notice a lucky streak of hits. I never however see anyone come to the forums to note their defence is doing better than they expected!