UI save files? Where?

HairyLou

I just noticed that OneDrive syncs my UI save files so when I change the ui on one computer and move over to play on another with a (much) higher resolution that's... Not good!

For some weird reason I can't find these files anywhere though, so... Where do they default to? (Save location) I assume it's somewhere in the user document folder? One of the hidden ones?

Tried googleing it too but there doesn't seen to be a list of the folders CoX uses. I know I've found this folder at some time before and transfered it from one computer to another back in the days.

The situation now, where I can only play on one computer or I'll have to rearrange the whole UI every time I load a character is making me depressed. Having to move my over sized microphone, webcam etc (for discord) between my "work" computer and the "fun" computer, it's just too much, ending in me playing PS4 instead.

Hmm, neither of those two files are in my folder, or to be found on any of my computers. Would've surprised me though since I'm not syncing that folder. I think the wdw file(s) only exist if you have actually saved the layout with /wdw_save and since my last crash I haven't done that. Come to think of it, all the layouts for my characters where still there after that...

It can't possibly be saved server-side, can it? Oh, f.kk my camel backwards!   I guess I could save the layout with /wdw_save and then use /wdw_load each time I load a character but that's...

(...zoning out, playing PS4, returning next week.)

Edit: /wdw_save_file and /wdw_load_file of course, nothing else (and they save to data as default by the way)

Edited by HairyLou

• 3 months later
On 4/26/2020 at 8:16 AM, HairyLou said:

Hmm, neither of those two files are in my folder, or to be found on any of my computers. Would've surprised me though since I'm not syncing that folder. I think the wdw file(s) only exist if you have actually saved the layout with /wdw_save and since my last crash I haven't done that. Come to think of it, all the layouts for my characters where still there after that...

It can't possibly be saved server-side, can it? Oh, f.kk my camel backwards!   I guess I could save the layout with /wdw_save and then use /wdw_load each time I load a character but that's...

(...zoning out, playing PS4, returning next week.)

Edit: /wdw_save_file and /wdw_load_file of course, nothing else (and they save to data as default by the way)

Sounds like you got it all handled. I'd definitely recommend including the chat and options files, as well. If you don't need a lot of interface options, a couple macros might be a good call. Or, equivalent in a popmenu or customwindow.

Spoiler

/macroimage Inspiration_Eden_Trial "Load UI" "wdwsavefile ../data/UI/wdw.txt$$chatsavefile ../data/UI/chat.txt$$optionsavefile ../data/UI/options.txt"

/macroimage Inspiration_science_breakthru_Lvl_3 "Save UI" "wdwloadfile ../data/UI/wdw.txt$$chatloadfile ../data/UI/chat.txt$$optionloadfile ../data/UI/options.txt"

If you're identifying some common binds between alts, maybe appending these to the end might be useful. 

bindloadfilesilent ../data/UI/keybinds.txt

bindsavefilesilent ../data/UI/keybinds.txt

I've got a multi-UI switcher, I'm just starting to scratch the surface on making guides for. 

Guides

MMPetMouseExpanded MM Numpad Controls | Chain Attack Assitant | Load/SaveFile - Relative Paths | KeyBindReset - Basics Of Going Global.

SGMusic.mnu - Popmenu Audio Player for your SG Base

See my profile for some of my other projects.